Fall BBQ - November 1st!

Construction at the dam! See my post on the last page of this thread...

After looking at the calendar, booking two more fall weddings and then settling some family obligation dates, the fall BBQ will be on 11/1/2008. If need be, we can do a rain date of 11/15. We'll be out of town on 11/8...

Now the important stuff - want to start at the dam again? Should be some eagle action down there by then and of course, the kiosk with my eagle pics should be in place by then! :biggrin: (The one on the other side of the river is already in place...)

Come back up home, BBQ lunch and then do portraits in the afternoon. Or maybe get started on portraits earlier? I'd like to setup some outdoor portraits as well this time.

Does that sound like a plan?

I'm afraid that we will probably have to set a maximum number of participants this time. Last fall we had over 30 folks up at the house and unfortunately most sat outside and froze... (Small house...) But I'll address that if the need arises. We did fine this spring and never turned anyone away. We'll just have to make sure we rotate folks in and out of the portrait "studio" on a regular basis to make room for the folks that will need to get in there and warm up - er - take portraits... :rolleyes:

So - who's in??? :tongue:

Vienna Pics (Mark) +1
Dave Dickerson * Buns
morgan15 - Irv
MMarz - Michael
FoyGroup - Bill
jryoung1947 - John and Nancy * Homemade cookies
RKnecht - Rich * Taco Dip
sewwhatsports - Rena (and Sam) * Sourdough Bread
SLRShooter - Norm
Zelaya - Oscar and Zandy * Chips and Water
Nikographer - Jon
The Long Ranger - **** +1 * Beer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure lots of people have been waiting for this post!! As for me I'll just have to see if I can make a quick appearance, my wife is due with our second child on Oct 18th...I see photo ops!! LOL... Anyway my fall will be pretty tied up. Shennandoah in Aug will be my last big outing for a while. Plenty of time to edit photo's in my future.

I'm sure the cookout will be a blast!

Jim, I am booked every weekend in September, and a few in October. I even managed to score a week long dog show in October! I really missed the spring event, as I enjoy the great company to be had at your events. Pick a date and I will do my best to be there.

Don't forget to check with our newest model - Seneca - she needs a new avatar....

Suggest we stay away from Columbus day weekend as people may be taking a long weekend.

Jim, I am booked every weekend in September, and a few in October. I even managed to score a week long dog show in October! I really missed the spring event, as I enjoy the great company to be had at your events. Pick a date and I will do my best to be there.

Maybe we should start looking at November a little closer... (More eagles...) :wink:

Jim, other then weekend soccer games, my weekends are typically clear and I am back and up for anything. Pick a date and I can make sure I am available.

I was crushed to not make the Spring event... I am planning to make two trips down for the Eagles, so it would be cool to do both on one trip!!

I have only one weekend mid October that I can't make it. I think it's the second weekend. Other than that, I will plan to attend and make the eagle trip the same time. Fingers crossed!!

We are in-

Most of the dates for later in October are free and except for the first and last weekends in November, we can be there. Jim, when do the eagles tend to come back to Conowingo? Also, how far from your place to the dam?

If I had my druthers, I would like the weekend of October 25th to try to get them all. IF the eagles are not usually there that early in the fall, then I vote for the 2nd weekend in November, the weekend of the 8th.

What are your thoughts Jim and everyone elses? Either of those dates work for anyone else?

Most of the dates for later in October are free and except for the first and last weekends in November, we can be there. Jim, when do the eagles tend to come back to Conowingo? Also, how far from your place to the dam?

If I had my druthers, I would like the weekend of October 25th to try to get them all. IF the eagles are not usually there that early in the fall, then I vote for the 2nd weekend in November, the weekend of the 8th.

What are your thoughts Jim and everyone elses? Either of those dates work for anyone else?

I would have to say...

"DITTO"

October 25th is out for me as I co-host a Toys for Tots charity car cruise on that weekend and I'll know better after this coming weekend which November dates will work for me.

BBQ date - November 1st!

OK - November 1st it is! Please see my original post in this thread again for the details (First post, first page...). I edited my original post to propose some plans. I figured no sense in starting a new thread...

Here we go again, this is the one weekend in the beginning of the month that I am scheduled to work. :frown: Seems it always gets set up that way... I will have to see about switching with someone. At least there is enough time to find someone to switch with now. :tongue:

Latest threads

Top Bottom