Fall Creek lake and the Ida Cason Memorial Chapel - Callaway Gardens

Fall colors of the Fall Creek Lake and surrounding grounds of the Ida Cason Chapel from one of the garden trails through the Azalea Bowl.

Z7 with the 24-70 @ 58mm iso 125, 1/160 f9.0

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's another beauty from Callaway Gardens. Most don't walk over that way when the azaleas are not blooming..
Thanks Mitch, I could only imagine how beautiful it would be when the azaleas are in full bloom. Was actually surprised that there were a number of pink-orange and white azaleas in bloom. We've made plans to head back in the spring.

Thanks Mitch, I could only imagine how beautiful it would be when the azaleas are in full bloom. Was actually surprised that there were a number of pink-orange and white azaleas in bloom. We've made plans to head back in the spring.
That azalea bowl is a sight to behold when they are all in bloom in the spring. I also enjoy biking through the mountain creek lake area that time of year near the Gardens restaurant. There are some beautiful pockets of azaleas mixed in among the pine trees.

That azalea bowl is a sight to behold when they are all in bloom in the spring. I also enjoy biking through the mountain creek lake area that time of year near the Gardens restaurant. There are some beautiful pockets of azaleas mixed in among the pine trees.
Yes that bike trail from the Garden restaurant (which was closed) all the way to Azelea Bowl is quite nice, weaving in and out of the pines and across the numerous bridges on the back side of small lakes/ponds. That was our longest ride, from the cottages around Robin lake then east to the main entrance and then past the Garden restaurant, Azelea Bowl, Discovery wildlife center, butterfly house then up to the Golf clubhouse and back to the lodge ending at the cottages. My butt was definetly a little sore by the time we got back.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom