Fall Foliage in the Berkshires

If things work out as I'm planning, I should be able to sandwich 2 to 3 days of shooting between business meetings in Springfield, MA the week of October 13.

I've always wanted to photograph New England in the fall, so I'm going to stay in the Berkshires (reserved a motel room in Lenox, MA), but I'm not sure where to shoot.

I would appreciate day-long drives and itinerary suggestions.

Pics in the Berkshires

You can follow route 20 north out of Lenox. This will take you to Pittsfield. Then once in Pittsfield take Route 9 East for a couple miles. This will take you to route 8 North. Take this to North Adams and then go right on Route 2 East. Stay on this for about a mile then take a left onto route 8 North. This will bring you into Vermont where it will turn into route 100.
Another good route would be to stay on Route 2 East and not take the left onto Route 8. This is called the Mohawk Trail. You can stay on route 2 East all the way to Greenfield. Then you can take 91 South back to 90 West (Mass Pike). That will bring you back to Lenox. Either route is a day trip. The first route will take you through small towns with mountains and great countryside. And the Mohawk Trail will also offer good photo ops. You will be in the region for prime foliage and it promises to be great this year because of all the rain we have had. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them. I live in this region so I know all the good spots.

You can follow route 20 north out of Lenox. This will take you to Pittsfield. Then once in Pittsfield take Route 9 East for a couple miles. This will take you to route 8 North. Take this to North Adams and then go right on Route 2 East. Stay on this for about a mile then take a left onto route 8 North. This will bring you into Vermont where it will turn into route 100.
Another good route would be to stay on Route 2 East and not take the left onto Route 8. This is called the Mohawk Trail. You can stay on route 2 East all the way to Greenfield. Then you can take 91 South back to 90 West (Mass Pike). That will bring you back to Lenox. Either route is a day trip. The first route will take you through small towns with mountains and great countryside. And the Mohawk Trail will also offer good photo ops. You will be in the region for prime foliage and it promises to be great this year because of all the rain we have had. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them. I live in this region so I know all the good spots.

great routing for picture taken...
... and something only my MOTORCYCLE RIDING BUDDY could post so eloquently

i'd LOVE to ride that route with you one day

I too have a 06 GT. I was just on these roads last weekend. If your ever in the area I would be more than glad to show you around. Oh, don't forget your camera. Its beautiful no matter what time of year.

I too have a 06 GT. I was just on these roads last weekend. If your ever in the area I would be more than glad to show you around. Oh, don't forget your camera. Its beautiful no matter what time of year.

oh, i DO know you have the same bike as me.... and, great bikes they are :smile:

take rt up to rt 2 and then take 91 south and the n20 back to where you came from nie big round trip throu a national park as well should get some GREQAT pics, also make sure to take lsight side trip onto Rt 2QA to the bridge of flowers.

Yes the bridge of flowers is in Shelburne Falls just off route 2. Its a small little town with a center full of cool little shops. There is a small glass blowing shop there open to the public where you can watch them make masterpieces. But all the flowers have passed and they are starting to die off. I was just there last weekend.

I'd stay to the north. That weekend is typically well before peak in CT and so far, from what I'm seeing locally, things look to be running late this year.

Latest threads

Top Bottom