1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fall in the North Cascades

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by james thiel, Oct 5, 2008.

1. My wife and I took our annual fall trip to Mt Baker last weekend. We had a great day of hiking and managed to stop for the typical fall Mt Shuksan shots. We were about a week early but that was good as the sun was out. This weekend it is raining. There were lots of people out taking advantage of it. These are not my best Mt Shuksan images but you do what you can with what you are given.

This first shot is of Mt Baker. I hiked down to a small stream and set up low and got on my knees to get this shot.

original.

Here are two shots of Mt Shuksan. These were shot on two different bodies of water. The first is picture lake.

View attachment 263002

This one was from another lake next to Picture lake.

View attachment 263003

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    all three are gorgeous, the reflection in the water is outrageous!

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely shots. Number 3 is my fave!

4. Your photos are magazine shots...Absolutely stunning:wink:

5. Thanks. It had been pretty windy but as usual in the late afternoon the wind stopped allowing the reflection shots.
    Thanks for looking.
    Thanks so much for the kind comments. I am blessed to live around such beauty. It makes taking pictures pretty easy.

6. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Really great shots, 2 & 3 are my favs. #1 has a strange reflection of the mountain top next to the rocks, it doesn't look quite right.

7. Jim, they don't get any better than these shots. Most excellent job.

8. Wallhangers, all! Congratulations, Jim.

9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Super!!!

10. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    All of these are just beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us

11. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Marvelous shots, Jim!

12. Great pics, #3 is my fav
    PS - always enjoy your work, & a great web site too . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  13. mvnsnd

mvnsnd

Jul 12, 2008
    Western NY
    Wow, for not being your best, I'll say that they are very good. I can picture standing in each of those scenes.
    Thanks for sharing.

14. h2oman

h2oman

Aug 17, 2006
    Quebec City
    You could easily sell all of them, particularly #3. Stunning picture. Remind me of my time in Washington State... Wonderful memories. Thanks !

15. That's one fun area. I lived close to Mt. Baker for about 9 years.

16. Very purdy! I think I like #2 the best, but that's a tough lot to choose a favorite from!:smile:

17. Thanks. Not sure about the reflection. Maybe it is the grass in front of the peak in the water. Looks ok to me and in print even better.
    Thanks Louie. I have so many pictures of Mt Shuksan but it is always fun to see and shoot. I am going to pack in with my son next summer and get my sunrise shot from Lake Anne. One of my all time favorite spots.
    Thanks so much Jim.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it.
    Thank you for looking.
    Thanks so much.
    Wow, thanks much.
    Thanks, the colors will be better this week but none the less it is a really pretty place.
    Thanks much. Washington is a great place when the sun shines, which is not all that often!!
    Where was that. I grew up in Bellingham so I know the area well. A great place to hike thats for sure.
    Thanks so much for looking.

18. Absolutely beautiful shots.
    Thank you for sharing.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

19. The last one has some of the finest reflections I've seen in awhile. Well composed and great colours as well. Well done.

20. James, the Skagit County area. My family moved around a lot so I lived in pretty much all the larger areas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.