Fall in the UP

Real Name
Dan
For our anniversary my wife and I just took a trip to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the UP (upper peninsula Michigan). I've been wanting to get to the UP for years and it did not disappoint.

1. Z7 and Z 70-200s

DSC_2316-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

DSC_2242-X2.jpg

3. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

DSC_2143-X3.jpg

4. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

DSC_2306%201-X3.jpg

5. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

DSC_2308-X2.jpg

6. Z7 and Z 14-24

DSC_2305-X2.jpg

7. Z7 and Z 14-24

DSC_2303-X2.jpg

Real Name
Dan
It was my first time in those three states and it was great.

I have a summer residence in far north central Wisconsin and will be traveling there next week to close up for the winter. My spies up there tell me the color is beginning and your beautiful images confirm this to be true. Can't wait. Hopefully the walleyes will be biting. :) (y)

Real Name
Dan
I have a summer residence in far north central Wisconsin and will be traveling there next week to close up for the winter. My spies up there tell me the color is beginning and your beautiful images confirm this to be true. Can't wait. Hopefully the walleyes will be biting. :) (y)
Fishing and enjoying the fall...sounds like a great time. I hope you catch some walleye.

Real Name
Ken
it has been years since I have been in the UP. But if I recall correctly, it also snowed on the first day of October! Glad you had a beautiful visit.

--Ken

For our anniversary my wife and I just took a trip to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the UP (upper peninsula Michigan). I've been wanting to get to the UP for years and it did not disappoint.

1. Z7 and Z 70-200s

View attachment 1690487

2. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

View attachment 1690488

3. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

View attachment 1690489

4. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

View attachment 1690490

5. Z7 and Z 24-70 f4

View attachment 1690491

6. Z7 and Z 14-24

View attachment 1690492

7. Z7 and Z 14-24

View attachment 1690493
Nice set, particularly like the 3d rendition of that 1st image.

Real Name
Dan
For all the kind comments, thank yous! (UP way of saying it).

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
OK.....you have just caused me to change my entire travel plans for late next year! LOL! Moved trip to Charleston, SC from late Oct/early Nov to early Dec. Sep/Oct will be a driving trip from Tn to Calif to to Boise, Idaho to Helen, Mt to Bismark, ND to St Paul, MN to Madison, Wisconsin to Lansing, Michigan to Frankfurt, KY back to TN !!!!!!

Real Name
Dan
OK.....you have just caused me to change my entire travel plans for late next year! LOL! Moved trip to Charleston, SC from late Oct/early Nov to early Dec. Sep/Oct will be a driving trip from Tn to Calif to to Boise, Idaho to Helen, Mt to Bismark, ND to St Paul, MN to Madison, Wisconsin to Lansing, Michigan to Frankfurt, KY back to TN !!!!!!
That sounds like a fantastic trip. Don't rush through the UP. I was there 3ish days and I could have spent a couple of weeks.

Think about heading east from St.Paul to Wausau, Wis and then down to Madison. Some very pretty scenery between Wausau and Madison.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom