Fall is Coming...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by natelam, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Took a break from studying anatomy to snap a quick shot of the first leaves that fell from my maple today. Enjoy - D70, 70-200VR, 500D, SB-800 fill flash -3ev on tripod.

Thanks -Nate

DSC_3372.

2. Nice one Nate....must be getting cool there.....you could work on your leaf anatomy instead of studying :wink: lots more fun :cool:

3. I have been today taking a ride in a small park along a river and I did not see any colors in the trees only a very very little bit in some trees on the road that lead to the park.

Change of color in the trees!!!

Contrary as to what most of the peoples think, it's not the cold that make the leaves change colors but the diminution of lighting, right now we have lost about 2 hours per day, less sun, less development of chlorophyll in the leaves. less green that let the other color stand out. The only role of cold is pratically stop all action in the leaves and kill them.

4. It's hard for me to thing that way when it is still over 100 degrees. I have noticed the days are getting shorter and the mornings cooler.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    hmm, where do you live Nate?

Alaska? It's not in your profile, or under where you'd put your avatar. :confused: Good shot, but I don't need the reminder man! :mad:

6. I'm a Los Angeles native recently relocated to East Lansing Michigan for veterinary medical school. This winter will be quite some experience for me I'm sure...

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    So, you're up in Lansing, eh? Jees, that's not very far north of where I am. Glad I'm gong to Fla for the winter! :biggrin: GL with Vet school. I hear it's Very demanding!

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Funny I had thought about making a similar type post , Im Looking forward to it.

9. Beautiful shot Nate. I'm not ready for fall just yet.

10. Nice shot Nate.

I have noticed some trees beginning to turn a little here.

We always do our fall color run around last week of September to
    first week of October.

Our low this morning was 39.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005