1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fall

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Dayo, May 25, 2019.

1. Everyone knows that deciduous trees shed their leaves ahead of the onset of Winter. In American, the English word for the season before Winter, Autumn, is "Fall" to drive this perception home.

However, deciduous trees actually shed their leaves ahead of the onset of sustained inhospitable weather conditions and in sub tropical desert and semi desert regions, such as here in the Persian Gulf region, this translates to Summer and hence, "Fall" happens to be Spring.

We got an unseasonably late rainfall event this year. Definitely would be the last until October at the earliest and in the meantime, the trees shed their leaves and hunker down for the brutal summer.

D850 @ ISO 320
    AI AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D
    1/100 @ f/5

AC-0-MJ_ON1 web.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is a really creative and highly successful photo. Not everyone is going to like it but it's the kind of photo that instantly indicates to me that the photographer wanted it to be just like it is and had the capturing and post-processing skills to make that happen.

I had actually never considered that that's the reason we call that season Fall.

3. Thanks

Most likely just a myth but it fit my dialogue so didn't look too closely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.