Fall

In getting ready for some the light of spring, I was reviewing some photos I'd taken early last fall. I am not an accomplished landscape/cityscape photog so your critique would be appreciated. Is there something I should have done differently on these?

Abandoned RR bridge.
LND_1720.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Standing near the same spot these are the other bridges spanning the Willamette River in Salem.
LND_1717.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both shots are pleasant enough. Nice Fall foliage.

In the first one, the thing that jumps out at me is the picture isn't level. I'm a real fanatic about that subject! Personally, I think it's a little heavy on saturation. If that was your intent, that's fine. I think they are nice shots.

Both shots are pleasant enough. Nice Fall foliage.

In the first one, the thing that jumps out at me is the picture isn't level. I'm a real fanatic about that subject! Personally, I think it's a little heavy on saturation. If that was your intent, that's fine. I think they are nice shots.

Thanks for your input. Your right about the picture not being level. It's always looked a little off to me too but my eyes just was not seeing what it was. It's been a while since PP but I remember struggling with what element to level off of and I had chosen the telephone pole. Checking now, I see I got it wrong by by about one degree. I haven't fixed it yet as the archive of the original seems to be buried pretty deep.

I know I do tend to oversaturate some as I like vibrant colors.

Thanks

Nice shots Jim, I have visited the Salem area often as my brother-in-law used to live there. I love the Silver Falls State Park nearby.

Thanks for your input. Your right about the picture not being level. It's always looked a little off to me too but my eyes just was not seeing what it was. It's been a while since PP but I remember struggling with what element to level off of and I had chosen the telephone pole. Checking now, I see I got it wrong by by about one degree. I haven't fixed it yet as the archive of the original seems to be buried pretty deep.

I know I do tend to oversaturate some as I like vibrant colors.

Thanks

Telephone poles aren't always plumb with the earth............as you've noticed. The colors are good. Nothing wrong with a lot of saturation. Some pictures benifit from that, and some don't. That's why it's called "art". Keep up the good work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom