Falls Mill, Belvidere Tennessee

PGB

The family and I took a little road trip today to Tennessee. We decided to go to Falls Mill. The mill was built in 1873 and is the largest, working water wheel believed to still be in full operation in the US today. Here are a few shots from the trip.

33723890-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

33723623-O.jpg

33723546-O.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Loos like a very nice place to spend some time with the family. And I'm glad to see you going out and shooting. Was a bit worried that the upgrading was taking up too much of your time.

D

dbirdsong

Looks like you had a lot of fun today.. Nice photos Patrick

PGB

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm a little dissapointed with the first two as they are not as sharp as I would have liked and it seems I have a bit of a sun flare in the center of the picture. I'm still learning so any critiques would be helpful.

It was nice being out with my wife and kids today. We had a really nice time and this place is on our list to go back to in the fall.

Regards,

Addressing your PP tech

Patrick Bramlett said:
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm a little dissapointed with the first two as they are not as sharp as I would have liked and it seems I have a bit of a sun flare in the center of the picture. I'm still learning so any critiques would be helpful.

It was nice being out with my wife and kids today. We had a really nice time and this place is on our list to go back to in the fall.

Regards,
Love the shots, those old mills are so cool and nostalgic. It appears as though the light might've been a little bit flat. What I tried with one of your images was running a Digital Velvia Action on it, stopping at level 3, but I could'a went to 4 I think. I can send you the DV Action if you wanna try it. You might also try doing a Local Contrast on it too, then sharpen once again. Kind'a hard to tell what you did focus on exactly. Did you have good shutter speeds? There's no exif saved, so I can't use my fave IE tool my EXIF Show.

What a neat place Patrick. This is one of the better looking mills I have seen and you have really captured it well. Interesting perspective on that last shot.

Patrick, really enjoyed the series! Most of all your perspective and compositions.......... some seem to have a green cast, I played with one, so I hope you dont mind, played with levels and a tad of sharpening :rolleyes:
What beautiful scenery, looks very serene!!! Nice captures Patrick

before
33723890-O.jpg

after
original.gif

PGB

Thanks everyone for the reply's. Keith your version is indeed better. With yours and Steve's critiques I have attempted to try this again.

The first one was pp'd by me using my standard workflow with the edition of FM's Digital Velvia.

The second one leigh post processed for me.

mine
33867967-O.jpg

Leigh's
33868030-O.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Patrick

At first I was going to say I only liked number three, but after seeing some further processing, (don't tell leigh, :wink: but I like your second attempt better) i like #2 tool The crop you did is perfect in my opinion.

Many times I have an image which at first seems eh, and frustrating, but after further work turns into a keeper.

You have two great keepers,

Bravo,

Wade

Patrick Bramlett said:
Thanks everyone for the reply's. Keith your version is indeed better. With yours and Steve's critiques I have attempted to try this again.

The first one was pp'd by me using my standard workflow with the edition of FM's Digital Velvia.

The second one leigh post processed for me.

mine
33867967-O.jpg

Leigh's
33868030-O.jpg
This is an excellent improvement of a good shot that had some hidden potential waiting to be unlocked. Nice gong Patrick!

Latest threads

Top Bottom