False Color Infrared

I finally got a high quality Super Color 590nm 82mm filter for my full spectrum Nikon D810 today. So, I went to my favorite test location and did some testing. Here is the result after processing the image in both Photoshop CC, and my older version of Photoshop CS5 (this version can not process D810 RAW), so I could use Nik Collection and control point processing. Granted, this is only my second attempt using that process! I'm going for the full false color effect here.

D81_0191-CS5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice. Weren't those the same trees? If so, I just wonder how the colors went differently.
Directly out of the camera, the leaves of the trees and bushes were blue. The sky was reddish in color. I loaded the RAW image into Photoshop CC. After a channel mixer swap of blue and red, the sky was blueish, and the leaves were reddish. By doing a change to a hue and saturation layer, I changed the color of all the leaves to yellow. I then saved the image as a PSD file.

Finally, I loaded the PSD file into Photoshop CS5 and used the Nik Collection Viveza 2 application to 'paint' the leaves the final color I wanted them to be. I also touched up the color of the building and other areas of the image.

The reason for using CS5, is that I thought the Nik Collection was removed from Photoshop CC with the last upgrade. Turned out they "moved the cheese". In other words, it is still part of the system, but they moved it from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic. I just could not find it! Nice of them to do that, and not tell me.....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Directly out of the camera, the leaves of the trees and bushes were blue. The sky was reddish in color. I loaded the RAW image into Photoshop CC. After a channel mixer swap of blue and red, the sky was blueish, and the leaves were reddish. By doing a change to a hue and saturation layer, I changed the color of all the leaves to yellow. I then saved the image as a PSD file.

Finally, I loaded the PSD file into Photoshop CS5 and used the Nik Collection Viveza 2 application to 'paint' the leaves the final color I wanted them to be. I also touched up the color of the building and other areas of the image.

The reason for using CS5, is that I thought the Nik Collection was removed from Photoshop CC with the last upgrade. Turned out they "moved the cheese". In other words, it is still part of the system, but they moved it from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic. I just could not find it! Nice of them to do that, and not tell me.....
Although I have both LR CC and PS CC, I only use PS CC> The Nik Collection is very much still available in PS CC. Using a PC, go to File/Automate and select the Nik Selective tool. All the Nik plugins can then be access via that panel.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nope. Not for me. My version of Nik Collection is the free version. That may be the reason.
I used the free version for years without a problem. That said, I use CEP and SEP enough to warrant paying for it.

I am going to buy the latest version of Nik Collection. But not this month. I had to pay about $200.00 to renew my web site hosting. That came due this month.....

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom