False Creek

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by West, Aug 9, 2017.

1. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Out for a paddle today ... false creek boating.JPG false creek yaletown.JPG false creek.JPG floating homes.JPG

2. How come you have less smoke than we do????

3. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    It's still very bad 7 out of 10 (10 being Beijing). Apparently there is a front forming that should clear the air by Friday/Saturday.
    House Boats.JPG

4. So we hear, or that is what the experts have promised us . . .one of these days.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lovely shots, West and I love that yellow house. Check and see if it's for sale, will ya? :D

6. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
  7. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
  8. Fun pictures, I loved seeing them. What is with the building on the right in image #2?

9. You mean the one designed by the astigmatic student architect? :D:rolleyes::cool::ROFLMAO::LOL:

10. Yah, that one.

11. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    That is a residential building designed by a world famous architect, Arthur Erickson. It's very beautiful in real life and a standout in the sea of monotonous towers.
    Arthur Erickson

12. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Ahhhh...priced out of the market again, I see...smh. I should have moved there years ago... :(

13. No, just wait for the inevitable crash. There's a huge bubble in Canadian real estate now.

West, is that you in the big hat? How do those bikes handle rough water?

14. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Sadly Vancouver is out of reach for most Canadians as well, all the deals are on the East Coast now (cheap waterfront).
    Burrard bridge.JPG

15. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    The borrowing rates would need to go up quit a bit before a crash was to become a reality, currently money is dirt cheap: 5 year term at 2.64% (broker rate).
    Those bikes looked like a lot of work to me, I think they are more suitable for still water. They have a thriving rental business in False Creek. I was on my own boat taking the photo.
    false creek rentals.JPG