Family camping trip

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Haven't tested my D3 much at work, but I took a brief vacation and shot the vacation trip. Went camping at Detroit Lake in Oregon and it was nice to be out of the urban jungle of Los Angeles! All shot with the D3 and 35mm f/2! Critiques welcomed!

http://www.inhousephoto.com/personal/friolo_family/index.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  2. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jonathan - Great series! How are you liking that D3? Looks like you're putting it to good use.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Jonathan,
    I love the series. This is my favorite type of photography. You do it so well.

4. Hi Marty, I'm liking the D3 a lot. Not much to complain about. I do wish the focusing area was a little bigger. I wanted to keep my camping trip simple with the family so I stuck with the 35mm f/2. I must say, it's fun using primes again and I'm not missing the 1.5 crop factor too much. It does make me wonder what the D3x will have to offer. The high ISO abilities are so nice to have. In fact, I don't know if I would give it up for extra resolution!

5. first of all, jonathan
    before i even look at all of them... which i'll LOVE, of course:

YOU CAMP?

YOU HAVE A MINIVAN?

6. I may live in LA, but I grew up in Oregon. Stick me out in the middle of a forest and I'll survive! I drive a Honda Element, does that count as a minivan? I actually wouldn't mind getting a real one either! :biggrin::wink:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ah, Detroit Lake. right down the road from me ...awesome series ....;-)

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Wow. Really nice images!! The colors are amazing. Well done! :biggrin:

9. It was fun! Drinking beers all day and being outdoors. That's what nature is all about! :biggrin:

10. Wonderful series......beautiful family.

11. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    Nice family shots..I was wondering what do you use for picture style I love the color of your skin tones or do you just fix the the colors mostly in the post..

12. It was great to see some shots of you and the family. It looks like you all had a good time. Thanks for posting them.

13. hmmmmm...
    still doesn't sound like YOU, somehow

not sure why :smile:

14. I'm actually using D2X Mode III with -6 Hue. It's the setting I use since I shoot mostly people. It's bias towards richer reds. I'm using this setting since I still use the D2X I figure I'd get my cameras in sync color-wise. But the D3 and D2X sensors are so different, I don't really think they look that similar!

15. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    Thanks!!

16. Sucks in bright light with lots of shadows. For that I switch to Neutral in Picture Control.