Family portraits

At the end of our visit, my daughter requested some family photos. I didn't have much gear to work with, but I had wonderful subjects :Love:.

My son-in-law is a super daddy. He even changes nappys :eek:.
102606459.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is the formal sitting.
View attachment 247309

Grandma showed how to soothe a tired baby... not :rolleyes:.
View attachment 247310

But with a little help from mommy...
View attachment 247311

she eventually worked it out. Note: this pic and the next were taken with our Canon a710is p&s.
View attachment 247312

Even gramps got some sleepy cuddles...
View attachment 247313

before Shelby's sweet surrender to the sandman.
View attachment 247314

You bet, Greg. Dad had to go back to work shortly after we arrived, and Nancy had a new program to launch, so she had to drive in to her company's local office every day. That left me to be mother's aide, and since my daughter had a c-section, she needed quite a bit of help. I took care of the bottle feeding, diaper changing, cooking, and cuddling (my favorite)... and loved every bit of it. In fact, I'm suffering from a severe case of Shelby-withdrawal right now.

You bet, Greg. Dad had to go back to work shortly after we arrived, and Nancy had a new program to launch, so she had to drive in to her company's local office every day. That left me to be mother's aide, and since my daughter had a c-section, she needed quite a bit of help. I took care of the bottle feeding, diaper changing, cooking, and cuddling (my favorite)... and loved every bit of it. In fact, I'm suffering from a severe case of Shelby-withdrawal right now.

shelby-withdrawal....
that's the sweetest thing i've ever heard
i'm so glad for your reply

i can't tell you how much my heart is warmed when i arrive to see a new baby and the extended family is there, beaming with glee

there is nothing like the love of a grandparent to brighten one's day

S

Snap Happy Girl

They are all wonderful but that last one is precious. She looks so peaceful.

Great looking family photos Frank!

I like 2, 3 and 4. Number 2 and 4 are wall hangers Frank!

You did good with the fill flash due to the the window in the background.

MikeT

Of course these are outstanding Frank!! I love the one of your daughter and Shelby in B/W and especially love the last one!!! Are you changing your screen name to Grandpa Frank? Can't wait to see more!!

These are outstanding Frank. I'm so happy for you, and I'm sure your daughter was delighted to have your help. I look forward to seeing more of her as she grows.

Thanks for all of your kind comments, folks. I spent all of Wednesday in front of the computer, editing Shelby pics. I've got tons on them, but since she can't do much yet, there isn't a lot of variety in poses. Fortunately, she has a number of expressions...

102628203.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 247316

View attachment 247317

View attachment 247318

View attachment 247319

We won't see her again until October, but, hopefully, we'll be getting a lot of pictures so we can keep up with her growth. I can't wait until I can communicate with her on a more grown-up basis, like games of This Little Piggie. Just look at her beautiful toes. :biggrin:

View attachment 247320

Latest threads

Top Bottom