Family Reunion

Discussion in 'People' started by KG72, Jul 13, 2008.

1. KG72

KG72 Guest

Went to a family reunion this past weekend. Was able to catch up with some relatives I hadn't seen in some 20 years. Was great :smile:

Here are a few of my favorites from it.

My Grandmother. Matriarch of the clan. 80 years old and still going strong. This woman never stops...

2665614629_4c27962a60_b.

Grandmother's Brother. My Uncle and hockey legend Orland Kurtenbach...

2666439404_1102c7ca51_b.

Cousin's daughter, Becca. Candid of her loading up a hotdog...

2665611353_962de561e7_b.

And my Wife, Christine. I absolutely love the way this one turned out...

2690743741_9b1713b9f0_b.

These are all SOOC jpegs. No PP'ing at all except for a bit of cropping in the first two.

As always... C&C welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  2. chandler

chandler

Oct 21, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice series. Love the sharpness in the eyes.

3. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Raj.

4. KG72

KG72 Guest

Hmmmm... no one else has any opinions on these? Good... bad... otherwise?

5. For 80 years old, grandma does look great. I would have added a fill flash in @ 1/64 power. Overall great candid captures.:smile:

6. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Arcinio.

Yeah... some fill flash would've eliminated the shadows on the faces... but I've been on a natural light kick since getting the D300. Haven't used the built in flash or SB-800 on it once yet.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Your grandmother doesn't look 80...she looks great. These are great images...good job.

8. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    They look great, Kayne.

Is this your granduncle?

As a huge hockey fan the name sounded "vaguely" familiar, so I looked it up. Looks like he played for my beloved Bruins for a year, but mostly for the 'Nucks. Well before my time, though, as I started following the B's in '84.

Again, terrific images.

9. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Seneca. With some 20+ Grand and Great Grandchildren... we keep her young as much as we can :smile:

Thanks, Oren. And yes... that would be my Uncle. He actually played two seasons with the Bruins. Its great sitting with him and listening to him talk about his career. He's got quite a few stories about his hockey days. :smile:

10. very nice pictures, kayne
    glad you enjoyed yourself

thanks for sharing these with us

11. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Greg!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.