1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fan Club handouts for Clyde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Clyde is a celebrity in these parts. He's a mixed Golden Lab and Golden Retriever, which is a popular breed for helper dogs. He didn't make the cut, and was sold as a pet. But he's got the smarts and the empathy of the breed, and can talk with his eyes.

His human, Joe, chauffers Clyde around in the back of his pickup, and parks outside the local coffee house every day. Clyde uses his magnetic eyes to capture anyone walking by... particularly children... and trades licks in return for rubs.

I've been taking pictures of Clyde for the past 6 years. Joe told me he'd like some wallet sized pics to hand out to the little girls who make up a large part of Clyde's fan club, so I printed these up - four 3x2" prints on pre-cut 4x6 paper.

View attachment 222546

View attachment 222547

View attachment 222548

View attachment 222550

Clyde's 11 years old and slowing down, and Joe worries about losing him. But he'll have a heart full of memories and a gallery of pictures to remember him by.

View attachment 222551

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Excellent pictures Frank. Are the four-on-one formats something special? Personallized post cards perhaps? The dog lover in my life will 'wow' at that idea!

3. frank....
    those pictures of clyde...
    honestly, they don't get any better in the cute department
    and.... when we know more about clyde... it only makes them more "valuable" to view

thanks....

4. There cookie cutter sheets, designed to be sliced, diced, and turned into 4x6 wallet sized prints for handouts.

If I was doing a postcard, it would be something like this Warhol version...

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  5. Thanks, Greg. He's a great model.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Groovy! :Wink:

7. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I think that's a great idea with some great pictures to go along with it. Clyde does look like a really sweet, gentle dog. No wonder the kids love him. I know they will just love those handouts.

8. Frank these are great shots, I know they will be cherished. A friend of ours has a Golden that rides with him every where he goes, His name is Frank also and is an retired Game Warden. Gail and I call them Frank and Dog.
    Tim

9. Beautiful pictures, Frank, & Clyde looks very friendly.
    Thanks for sharing this story.

10. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Unless Clyde is ill, Joe should have him around for a while yet. Out golden retriever is two months past 15 years old. He's slowing down but still has lots of spunk when it counts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.