Fantasy Baseball League anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Man-Fai Wong, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Hi, all.

Baseball season is just around the corner, and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in joining a fantasy baseball league.

A few people and I started up a "keepers" league middle of last year that uses a weighted points system, and we're looking for new players to join the league and take over a few team rosters that were setup by Yahoo's auto-pick system. The league is free and will use Yahoo's hosting system although we will have to do a few things manually to facilitate the "keepers" aspect of the league. FYI, "keepers" just means we get to keep some parts of the rosters from year to year vs drafting new rosters from scratch -- yes, that means we'd like new players to be interested in playing more than just one year. In our case, we will allow keeping as much of the roster as the individual team owner desires w/ exception of the MLB players that officially became free agents during the offseason.

For more details on the league, including info on the points system and the current rosters, you can check this forum website that was set up for the league:

http://htfbaseball.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=rules

The team rosters that are available to new team owners are labeled as "dummy teams" and can be found in both the Intro thread and the Rosters thread there. They were all auto-picked by Yahoo last year minus a few players that went into free agency.

We're looking to have all the new (and old) team owners signed up before Friday so we can run a draft to complete all the rosters before the baseball season officially begins on 4/3. If you're a competitive sort and like digging into player stats and daily boxscores, this might just be the thing for you -- yeah, I'm a baseball geek. :D

Hope to see some of the baseball fans here join up. And please feel free to ask, if you have any questions about it.

Kind regards,

_Man_

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sounds like fun for the die hard baseball folks.

I used to follow baseball and football. But not anymore. :<(( sure miss it.
    Hope you get some interest.

Cheers and Good luck. Go Giants. lol

Gale

3. Thanks, Gale. Sure you don't want to join anyway? :D

Anyone else w/ any interest in this geeky competition? :D No other closet baseball geeks around here? :lol: Promise I won't spill the beans on yah over here. Your secret will be safe w/ us in the league. Really! ;)

_Man_

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Say I wonder if Harris would be interested. He is a die hard baseball fan and shoots great shots at the games.

I would love to join. I just have to much else to do.

So much to learn and shoot and work, so little time.

I hope you all have a fun and successful year.
    Thank You
    Regards
    Gale