FAREWELL TO NIKON CAFE!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Well...until a week from Friday anyways cause I'm leaving really early tomorrow morning to meet the gang in Florida! I'm up early and I was practicing wearing shorts (aka known as trying them on to make sure that they still fit) and I walked outside where it's snowing / sleeting raining....I need to remember not to do that.

The first thing that I need to do when I get there is take a picture of something without snow in the scene :)

The next thing I need to do is hire an interpreter so that I can have some semblance of a prayer at understanding Franks souther Draaaawwwwlllllll when I meet up with him late Friday evening. I'm hoping that Harris can give me some pointers as to how to deal with Frank and he's been through this experience in the past. By the way...I figured out the real reason that Frank doesn't fly....something to do with federal Air Marshall's and some kinda watch list?

By the way once again...both the 200-400 and the D2H will be up for sale after I'm done shooting in Florida so if you're interested, talk to me.

My local Walgreen's just got in this nifty blue and gray Polaroid disposable digital that says it has a "tele-extender" built in. I need to get me one of those so the D2H needs to go.....and I also need to pay for the new D2X body as well.

Hey...maybe next year I'll post a note on this forum and ask if anyone wants to get together for a day or two in Belize :)

Actually, I think we should make a Florida or someplace shoot a twice yearly event. I'm chomping at the bit to go back to Bosque this fall so if anyone is interested........

Jim

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,
    Safe travelin to ya buddy.. Temp tomorrow 80

Cheers
    Gale

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Neato...I am sooooooo ready for some warmth :)

Jim

4. See you tomorrow night

Looking forward to the trip, the way I see it we are going to be the ones with accents, you and your Boston speak and me and my Philly talk YO!
    See you soon have a safe and uneventful trip

5. See you tomorrow. Then we have a difficult decision. Do we start with a sunrise eagle shoot, or go straight to the island for the sunrise. Low tide is about 10:30 and I have plenty places to take us. So, better start thinking about all these tough choices. Eagles, osprey, GBH's. Where do we start.

For those of you not coming.....

Hahahahahhahahhahahahahha! You are going to miss such a great time.

Ooops, sorry, couldnt help myself. :lol: :lol:

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    BLAH!!!!!!

I'm battleing broken RAID arrays and you guys are taking all the pics and having the fun.

This sucks big time.

Hmm, Independance Air has a flight down there for 200.00 round trip, not including divorce costs and half of everything I own.

Nah, I could never do that to my wife. She would be pissed off if I went but I would miss her and my boys too much. Now if I could convince her to come and the kids that might work.

I hope you all have fun. I know I would.

Cheers,

7. Florida? How about San Diego

I do hope you all have a good time, but I am not too jealous. Next week I will be in San Diego. Not taking images, but playing golf.

Gil

8. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Re: Florida? How about San Diego

Gil :

Rough, rough life !

I'm still trying to get over "the Gombu" as a friend has styled this respiratory bug. Now had to cancel two trips because of it. Feh

But I'll be looking for a few golf photos, eh ?

John P.

9. john:

Thought about that, but I am not bringing my camera. I am brining a small Sony that I have to take tourist shots of my son, etc. Mean while, how about getting better? This bug of yours has lasted a bit too long. Shoudn't that nice New Mexico air be helping?

Gil

10. They could visit Cape Kennedy while we shoot, hit the beaches. Just a thought.

11. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Wish I could join you-all.
    At the present time my legs could not.
    Maybe this fall or next year.

Have a great time and I'm sure Gale can steer
    you to some good food.

Have fun and lots of good shots.

Birger

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wish you could be there Birger. With any luck, we'll do it again soon.

Thanks,

Frank

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Birger,

You can shoot almost everything right from your car.

Think about coming down sometime. We would love it.

Cheers
    Gale

14. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gil :

Don't forget that motto of mine, "Always shoot", when you're travelling. Having said that, I have a Canon S400 that I carry when I can't bring the D100.

As for the bug, I'm told this is a four week process to get over ! A friend's son has nicknemed this bug, the "Gombu", because it hangs on like some bad horror movie. Feh.

John P.

15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Jim,
    I'm hoping everyone can get down here to Sanibel Island next November. That would be super and I could get it all arranged.

Ron Reznick had his workshop here the last weekend in November and it was perfect. We had low rates and no tourists and no rain...hurricane season ends at end of November so that was not an issue. Perfect time to be here.

Something to think about for sure!

Hope you have a great time at the 'shoot' and I'll be thinking of you all :!:
    Gaye

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gaye,

We will really miss not having you with us. Be thinking of you for sure.

Soon maybe we can all get together again.

Best regards
    Gale

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow! If everybody used that size, I wouldn't need to put my face right up next to the crt. Thanks!