Fascination

P

photogramps

On a recent visit to RSPB Bempton Cliffs, East Yorkshire, UK I had hours of enjoyment watching the many sea birds riding the wind, pair-bonding, collecting nesting material and much much more.
However one of my favourite images from the experience was this Gannet avidly watching the activity of a passing fly ... hence the title, 'fascination'. :)

View attachment 1579145
Fascination by Roger, on Flickr

Another I liked, 'The Jumper' :)

View attachment 1579146
The Jumper by Roger, on Flickr

Really like the first shot, almost like he is thinking do I eat it or not. The second shot almost conveys the comedy in nature, like that bird is the class clown.

#1 is #1 no doubt about it. We humans have this bad habit of anthropomorphizing (love that word ;)) behaviors of other creatures, I often wonder how close we are? My other thought was "You call THAT flying???"

I had never heard of this place before, just looked it up on Google Maps, looks like a great place to visit. It is good year 'round?

P

photogramps

Really like the first shot, almost like he is thinking do I eat it or not. The second shot almost conveys the comedy in nature, like that bird is the class clown.

great shots, but the first one is my favorite. love it..

#1 is #1 no doubt about it. We humans have this bad habit of anthropomorphizing (love that word ;)) behaviors of other creatures, I often wonder how close we are? My other thought was "You call THAT flying???"

I had never heard of this place before, just looked it up on Google Maps, looks like a great place to visit. It is good year 'round?

What a cracking pair of pictures; crisp and beautiful.

I like these both very much. Made me laugh.

Thanks for the comments guys, sorry for the delayed response after eye operation slowed me down :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom