Fashion show. A bit macabre for me.

Discussion in 'People' started by Vernon t, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Sometime I don't think of San Antonio as progressive or cosmopolitan. Today was interesting.
    Tonight in San Antonio I went with my wife and one of my partners down to South Alamo Street to the "Art in the Hood" art exhibition and fashion show.
    It was in the long-derelict St. Benedict's convent and hospital. The last time I was there I was visiting my about-to-die grandfather. I was eight years old. My only real memory is the smell. Vividly I remember that smell. Spooky.
    Tough shooting in the very dim light.
    Tonight. A night I'll remember, though........

http://www.pbase.com/vernix/art_in_the_hood_fashion_show_san_antonio_texas

View attachment 11725

View attachment 11726

View attachment 11727

View attachment 11728

View attachment 11729

View attachment 11730

View attachment 11731

View attachment 11732

View attachment 11733

View attachment 11734

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Love it Vernon! Now I wish we had a fashion show for our own artwalk here in Phoenix! These are just the kind of images I'd want to get. Looks like you had fun, ... except for the smell that is. ;)

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Vernon, Good shots. The first girl is a doll.

I really like the shot of the two ladies looking at the art work, I dont know exactly why ,I guess maybe the contrast there with alittle humor.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Great Shots. I think I like the same ones as Paul & Mr. Big....although I think the second shot could have used a little more light and a tighter crop.

Mike

6. Love your first image for sure. They are all nice and you have done well with this photo shoot.

7. Excellent shots!! Thanks for sharing these!! I enjoyed them all!! :D :D :D

8. Thanks, all.
    This kind of thing is why I like this hobby.
    I was invited to a function called "Art in the Hood" by one of my partners, having absolutely NO idea what it was all about.
    It was at inner city long-derelict hospital with extension cords run around, local art on the walls and local guys and dolls showing off the fashions.
    All the while to loud thumping music.
    Neat experience.

On thing of note many of you know. Carrying a big camera wields a bit of responsibility for us all. People presume I am someone official when wielding a big lens and I was able to roam willy-nilly about all over where the public wasn't, even back into the dressing rooms! Here's a reminder to be on our best discretion-wielding behavior befitting our profession or hobby.
    Good day