fast food the good old fashion way

I had to go to the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park to find this... sure brought back some fond memories.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kool! I have a few heavy A&W mugs and a tray from the 60's. Just wondering who remembers the heavy metal drive in movie speakers and the electric heaters that NEVER worked.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Kool! I have a few heavy A&W mugs and a tray from the 60's. Just wondering who remembers the heavy metal drive in movie speakers and the electric heaters that NEVER worked.

Cheers

here, here... I sure do.. in fact, when I was about 9 years old I went to the drive-in with my cousins... when the movie was over she forgot to remove that speaker from her widow and started to drive off. It broke her window, and ripped the speaker from the neighboring car. I remember trying to find the lowest spot in the back seat to hide so that none of my friends would see me.

SONIC around here still does it that way
maybe i'll go there tomorrow and take a few pictures

not like the old days, of course
Greg do the carhops at Sonic wear roller-skates????? BTW if you go order me a sheepherder's special, OK?

I wish I could join you, it'd be a blast!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ubetcha, we just got back from our trip to san diego, it was our 1st time there, man the weather is simply fantastic, hopefully this wkend i can get around to posting some pics from the zoo and wildlife park

Cheers

ah, my first drive-in movie w/ the 'rents was "With Six You Get Eggroll", Doris Day & Rock Hudson...remember those speakers well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom