fast food the good old fashion way

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ubetcha, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    I had to go to the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park to find this... sure brought back some fond memories.

2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Cool!

3. Kool! I have a few heavy A&W mugs and a tray from the 60's. Just wondering who remembers the heavy metal drive in movie speakers and the electric heaters that NEVER worked.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. They didnt need to work, you made your own heat :wink:

5. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    here, here... I sure do.. in fact, when I was about 9 years old I went to the drive-in with my cousins... when the movie was over she forgot to remove that speaker from her widow and started to drive off. It broke her window, and ripped the speaker from the neighboring car. I remember trying to find the lowest spot in the back seat to hide so that none of my friends would see me.

6. SONIC around here still does it that way
    maybe i'll go there tomorrow and take a few pictures

not like the old days, of course

7. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Greg do the carhops at Sonic wear roller-skates????? BTW if you go order me a sheepherder's special, OK?

I wish I could join you, it'd be a blast!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  8. gilbo

gilbo

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    ubetcha, we just got back from our trip to san diego, it was our 1st time there, man the weather is simply fantastic, hopefully this wkend i can get around to posting some pics from the zoo and wildlife park

9. ah, my first drive-in movie w/ the 'rents was "With Six You Get Eggroll", Doris Day & Rock Hudson...remember those speakers well.

10. In VA some do

Some of the employees in Virginia do.. yes..

I guess it depends on how steady they are on skates.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.