1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fastest way to intentionally drain the D200 battery:

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Steve S, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I sort of stumbled onto the Intervelometer in the menu, after reading about nfoto using his own off-board unit for testing. Trying to wear down my battery, so I can get another charge on it asap. Set the cam for 160 shots @6 sec intervals using flash. When finished, I format, then start again. This is on a 2GB card. It's working!

2. As noted in the other thread, I'd like a method that does not require the shutter. I want to get all 100,000 or so clicks on shutter life by taking pictures, not draining my battery now and again :wink:

3. I did it like this:
    first, set meter off delay to INFINITE
    Next, went to the illumination function, so that the backlight on the control panel is on for as long as the meter
    Then, I set the LCD off function to the longest it has, put in a card with over 100 shots on it, set slide show delay to 10sec and kept doing slide show after slide show at +2 brightness.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.