Fastpitch from Wednesday...8-27-08

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. Man that's some tough light and you handled well.

BTW, You coming to Jackson on Oct 24th for the Prep Game? That one may be on the list for the paper. If it is I'll try and pick it up and we can meet up during the game.

See Ya
    Dennis

3. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Wow, those are some great shots for the light...I think you got some great practice in!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The tough lighting situations make us all better. These look real good Jeff, it is no easy feat adjusting for heavy shadows, you pulled these off real well.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Dennis.
    As far as I know, I'm planning to be at the Prep game. My son is in the HS band..so I try to make it to every game. I might even bring my camera. :wink:

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Dave, very kind of you to say.
    I was a bit frustrated...but tried to be positive. I definetely need all the practice I can get. :smile:
    But all in all, I'm doing it because I love to shoot sports. So not complaining, just wanting to do the best I can do, and keep learning and improving.

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Frank...
    The lighting was horrible, these shots are 800 and 1000 ISO. You're right shooting in difficult lighting situations, will help me improve. That's the way I look at it.
    Then again, at least it wasn't as bad as Friday night football.:smile:

8. Great job in the low light ,I know how hard they can be. Are these fall high school pics,we play in the spring in TN.can't wait till Feb. so I can get back to it.

9. You handled the lighting very well indeed nice job

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    For some reason, our season starts in August, and finishes (state championship) in October. At least the girls won't get too cold. :smile:
    Thanks for the kind words.

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Mike.

12. Jeff
    I assume this is high school.How far are you from MSU ,we were there playing this past Feb. it was so cold ,snowed the 2nd day of the tourn.I enjoy the HS more than college,just so much travel and so many games ,not as bad as travel ball in the summer but so many games during the week days.The girls play so hard that's what I enjoy the most.

13. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    It is highschool. I'm about 80 miles West of MSU, so not too far.

I hear you about travel games. Fortunately, since school as started..the number of travel games is way down.

I really enjoy watching the girls really put their all in it, and play their hearts out. It really gets interesting during the state playoffs.