1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fastpitch from Wednesday...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are real nice Jeff, I think the first one of Erica and your grandson is adorable. I like #2, but I think a looser DOF could have improved the overall interest in the frame. Numbers 3 and 4 are sweet as can be, you did a nice maintaining a sharp focus through the fencing. Number 5 is well managed, the white uniform looks like it wants to burst into flames.

You did real well Jeff, the pitcher should love those two images.

3. Nice Jeff, love #3...

4. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Jeff - I really like that first one. Very cute.

Also love #3 - I think that is outstanding. #5 looks as if it was a nightmare to meter. You did well.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Rod.
    I can't take any credit for metering on #5, all the D300...though I did have EV set to -.03.

I wish I could have gotten my daughters head in the photo, but I was using a 300, and it was a grab shot.

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Thanks Frank...
    I still can't figure on #2, how the player behind was in focus, and the player in the foreground was not. I was shooting S-AF, which as I've mentioned, I'm going back to AF-C.

I tried to shoot thru the fence, after Mark B suggested it. I'll certainly try to do that again.

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Chris!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.