Fastpitch softball

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Some shots from my daughters softball tournament, May 05. First outing with the D70. I had fun.

44191301. 53400996.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots Jeff. Sports are a lot of fun to photograph.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Aww some good action there.
    You are doing well.
    Have fun :>)))

4. Jeff...you did well with the D70. Good colors, contrast and composition. My favorite is the second one where she is catching the ball.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks for the comments. I love the D2x, but the D70 is a fine camera also. I was just having fun. That's what it's all about, for me.:smile:

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great series! I've always admired girls who play fast-pitch softball....I tried once and nearly separated my shoulder! I just didn't have the upper body strength required....ask me to do gymnastics when I was young and I had no problem....but those girls w/the softball...that's some serious talent!

Thanks for sharing.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ahhh, another sports shooter. When I viewed your images, it brought a smile and a sigh because I can't wait to begin shooting baseball and softball again. These images are quite nice. It can be difficult to shoot sports depending on the lighting, but you handled the lighting pretty darned well in this shoot. Thanks for posting...and I'll be waiting for more as we transition into spring!!!

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Leigh,
    I'm amazed at how fast these pitchers can hurl that ball. I mean, we just talking highschool here. I wouldn't want to stand up that at the plate, and I'm not kidding.
    If you excuse a little bragging, my daughter, the catcher, hit two homeruns this year. Not bad for a Freshman in highschool.:smile:

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks for the kind words. I will admit I got lucky on some of the shots. I was having fun, and being relaxed probably helps.