Father's Day Delight

What a great start to Father's Day! I got calls from both kids, and then my wife delivered their joint gift.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's the 19" Samsung SnycMaster 930B.. I've got it hooked up, and I'm loving it :).

Thanks, Michael, Gale, and Paul! My best gift has been watching their adult lives unfold, but it's sweet that they've remembered me in such a nice way :). Expensive gifts are unnecessary... but kinda nice ;).

My family and I were supposed to go to a local festival to listen to our favorite cover band...Arra. But plans were canceled because my oldest, she's 22, was hit with the chicken pox. :cry: So, my wife and my 16 y/o daughter went to breakfast then we came home and they had a project list for me. About an hour into my "honey-do" list...they called me downstairs to open gifts...it's my 51st birthday today as well. 8) I opened up my Epson 1800, plenty of printer paper, a load of clothes and then they sent me back upstairs to finish the projects. It is so wonderful to loved and needed!!! :lol:

Very cool, Frank. We're both on a roll.

We need to treasure the moment, because we'll probably find ourselves in the doghouse sometime in the near future. It's in the job description ;)

I had a great Father Day.

The kids came over in the afternoon and cooked steaks on the grill.

They gave me a Nikon SB-800 flash!

My eldest son bought me a DVD of the best Rugby League touchdowns of the last ten years.

While he was in the queue to pay for it, he phoned his brother - my youngest son - to tell him of the purchase. His brother was in another shop queuing to buy me exactly the same DVD.

Wow - what a collection of good kids. My eldest called, the middle one wrote me a poem and the youngest (girl, 13) insisted on coming to take pictures at a vintage car show with me. Amazing how valuable those little things are. We should all be grateful to have such good kids.

Uncle Frank said:
TheKO said:
I had a great Father Day.

The kids came over in the afternoon and cooked steaks on the grill.

They gave me a Nikon SB-800 flash!
What a great gift! Did you use it to document the day?
Not really as I didn't get to open it until about 0730 PM. Beside a bit too much beer and wine to play.

No batteries yesterday - but I stopped and got batteries on the way home

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom