Father's Day Delight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Jun 19, 2005.

1. What a great start to Father's Day! I got calls from both kids, and then my wife delivered their joint gift.

[​IMG]

It's the 19" Samsung SnycMaster 930B.. I've got it hooked up, and I'm loving it :).

2. Congratulations! Nice gift!

But that might set the expectations for mothers day even higher!
    :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    HAPPY FATHERS DAY

fRANK

WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT :>))))))))))

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Thanks, Michael, Gale, and Paul! My best gift has been watching their adult lives unfold, but it's sweet that they've remembered me in such a nice way :). Expensive gifts are unnecessary... but kinda nice ;).

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My family and I were supposed to go to a local festival to listen to our favorite cover band...Arra. But plans were canceled because my oldest, she's 22, was hit with the chicken pox. :cry: So, my wife and my 16 y/o daughter went to breakfast then we came home and they had a project list for me. About an hour into my "honey-do" list...they called me downstairs to open gifts...it's my 51st birthday today as well. 8) I opened up my Epson 1800, plenty of printer paper, a load of clothes and then they sent me back upstairs to finish the projects. It is so wonderful to loved and needed!!! :lol:

7. Very cool, Frank. We're both on a roll.

We need to treasure the moment, because we'll probably find ourselves in the doghouse sometime in the near future. It's in the job description ;)

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very true Frank....so very true! :?

9. Boy if I received a gift like that on father's day I would really begin to worry about birthdays and mothers day for my family. Enjoy it while you can my friend.

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Gordon you should clean up on a day like today :lol: :lol:

11. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I had a great Father Day.

The kids came over in the afternoon and cooked steaks on the grill.

They gave me a Nikon SB-800 flash!

12. What a great gift! Did you use it to document the day?

13. My eldest son bought me a DVD of the best Rugby League touchdowns of the last ten years.

While he was in the queue to pay for it, he phoned his brother - my youngest son - to tell him of the purchase. His brother was in another shop queuing to buy me exactly the same DVD.

14. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Wow - what a collection of good kids. My eldest called, the middle one wrote me a poem and the youngest (girl, 13) insisted on coming to take pictures at a vintage car show with me. Amazing how valuable those little things are. We should all be grateful to have such good kids.

15. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Not really as I didn't get to open it until about 0730 PM. Beside a bit too much beer and wine to play.

No batteries yesterday - but I stopped and got batteries on the way home

16. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, very nice UF.