favorite with 300F4 + TC14

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Paul Evans, May 28, 2007.

1. My favorite so far with my 300F4 + TC1.4....

Caught this house finch in a relaxed pose when the light was just right (14 feet away, 250/sec at F8, ISO 360).

I looked up the total DOF at F8 at 14 feet = approx. 1 inch! Glad I focused on his eye!

[​IMG]

I luv this lens + TC... comments please...

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful shot

I sure can't get birdies to come that close

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Wonderful image!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice Paul, the detail in the feathers are great. It was so nice of this guy to come close and pose for you.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shot Phil. I have that same combo. BTW, my calculations show the DOF for this combo to be 1.47" (still super shallow). My calculator gave the same results as yours until about a month ago when I read an interesting article that explained that the DOF is dependent on the imaging circle, which is 1.5 times smaller with Nikon's crop factor. :smile:

6. Well this is one great shot. I am told and have seen how very good this lens is. If I did not already own the 70-200 vr I would jump on getting it. It is a little hard to justify the cost when I can put a tc on the 70-200 and I have a 500 but who knows.

7. thanks all for your kind remarks!

8. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Awesome shot,very close up shot!!TFS!

9. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Fabulous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.