1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fawn Darner

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Aug 23, 2008.

1. sadly from Kayak. Boy I am glad I don't often shoot over iso 200. You can really see a diff at 1250 even with this d300 unless it's from something else I dont know about.

2789399337_d5262212a7_b.

2790248276_5ec039e187_b.

2790247936_98bace889a_b.

2. cool shots I've not seen one of these yet, how close did you get to it? and what lens were you using?

3. was on my kayak up on Platte River near Onekama Michigan. GF likes it there, I can see the same lake 20 mins from me rather than drive 6 hrs. first was with the 70/300 vr and the others were maybe 1 1/2 feet away with tamron 90 macro.
    I'm pretty sure thats the name. Only thing I can find that comes close at all really for time of year, what they like, etc

4. Very cool looking Darner! Very different looking with those spots on her thorax... Need to google... Oh, but it´s a Boyeria!!! We have one Boyeria species here in Europe (B. irene) and that´s definitely one of those species I would like to see...

By the way, your total number of posts :D evil: at the moment gives me creeps :smile:

5. excellent! Than my guess was right cause the scientific name matches my guess I see.
    btw I changed the total posts.:eek: 

6. I really like the first picture, except for the noise. Damn those 70-300VR's! They need a lot of light, then they take a good shot. If you have Photoshop, you can take the blur tool to smooth out the background noise, excluding the sharp in focus parts.

7. Birgit it would be easier for me to drive the 6 hrs back to michigan,launch the kayak, hunt down the thing and retake it than for me to figure out how to blur it out. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.