1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fay, Fay, Go Away!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Trish5, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I was hoping to get some local shots here in Melbourne, FL of the flooding caused by T. S. Fay but I was prevented by road closures and roadblocks due to flooding.

This is what most neighborhoods are dealing with after record high rainfall. This is a subdivision down the street from me.

355900778_LX5XZ-L-1.

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    that really stinks!!!

3. saw this on the Today Show a few mins ago, >30 inches of rain in < 3 days? Wow! Here's hoping you're not dealing w/ flooding...

4. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005

It's STILL raining:eek: 

5. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005

.... and still counting...I am hoping this thing will begin to move away tonight sometime. We have water seeping in at the foundation level and have been using our wet vac. So far this has been working:rolleyes: 

6. Best wishes Trish. I was in the area about 3 weeks ago - so different from today.
    (A former Melbourne resident.)

7. Hi Trish, glad to see you are doing ok.
    I was so hoping that storm would move a little faster and in a northern direction and spare the Florida folks the exceptional heavy rain. We in North Georgia could sure a few inches of that stuff if only it would blow this way.
    I just heard on the news that the storm is just sitting there in your area dumping even more rain. It is also reported the Fire Ants are pi##ed and the Gators or on the move.:eek:  DO BE CAREFUL!

8. wow! Thats alot of water! I would be very interested to see more photos

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi Allen,
    Certainly not the same level of damage from a furious hurricane but many people have had to deal with their homes and properties flooding. I'm sure by next week the situation will be much better here.

10. sorry, trish
    i grew up in ft. pierce
    it surely isn't pretty there

i hope you guys get some relief soon
    weirdly.... it's hardly rained a drop in clearwater
    sorry about THAT, too

11. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi Darrell,

We are doing fine. The rain has stopped for the past few hours so much of our immediate issues are cleared. Storm appears to finally be moving away from us:smile:
    I know you folks could certainly use the water; my brother was telling about your drought conditions in GA. He lives just outside of Atlanta.
    I have not seen gators roaming my neighborhood and the fire ants are ALWAYS pi**ed!!:biggrin:

Hope you guys get some water soon and thanks for your concern:smile:

12. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Jose,

Unfortunately, I was unable to get more photos. Travel on local streets was severely limited and I am in the middle of packing for our move so photography at the moment is bottom of my priority list. Trust me when I tell you this shot depicts many, many areas in our county.

13. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    :smile:
    Thanks Greg,

I'll take a tropical storm over a hurricane any day. Although there were a few tense moments when tornados were possible. We never lost power so it has been a great opportunity to have my husband home and get some packing done for our move.

I am sure you guys haven't had a drop of rain over there:smile:Every last drop has been dumped here. The rain has stopped for the past few hours and hopefully it is gone!

14. unfortunately, my daughter is starting high school
    and the freshman class has gone on a 2-day retreat to brooksville...
    it was already canceled once

here's brooksville now:

http://www.baynews9.com/Doppler9000.html

yikes

15. oh,
    and NO cell phones allowed
    so... we have to trust that she is OK
    wonderful

16. schuds

schuds

Dec 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Brooksville? What's to retreat to in Brooksville? :smile: I lived in Brooksville for a couple of years in the '80's. Unbeknownst to me, it was a real interesting place for a Yankee to move to. They were still fighting the Civil War. I chalked it up to experience. After about two years I retreated across the lines to the more Yankee-friendly Inverness, just up the road.

17. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    Nice shot Trish. Unfortunatley, I did not have a problem finding flooded houses to take pictures of.:frown:

18. Take care Trish, hopefully all is well with you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.