Fay Flooding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warren, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Very unlucky to live in the epicenter of some of the worst flooding I have ever seen in florida. I never thought this much flooding could happen in florida. Homes are flooded within a mile of our house. Hope that rain begins to taper off or we might need sandbags ourselves.

2. Sorry to hear that warren. I hope and pray you are able to stay dry and safe through this ordeal.

God Bless,
    David

3. chettrick

chettrick

Jun 12, 2008
    florida
    Warren
    We are over in Malabar, I knew shopping for my last house should be high enough. At this time, it still is.

4. i am SO sorry to hear this
    here on the west coast, it barely rained
    i think you guys got over 20" of rain.... ?
    that stinks
    my thoughts and prayers are with you

good luck

5. If I were you, I'd probably get some just in case. I heard on the news today that Fay is just sitting there spinning and it is estimated to rain an inch an hour until 9am tomorrow. :(

Keep us posted...and I'm sorry you're going through this.

6. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Sorry to hear that Warren, I hope you and Harry, Thomas, Gale, etc make out okay. We are thinking of you.
    Got off rather easy here but it was close enough. I think we paid our dues in '04 and '05.

7. Warren, I've got you all on my mind. Hope you get through this okay. Right now I'm stuck in Miami with no way to get moved in to UF until the weekend.

8. Thanks guys. As of 9PM the rain has let up at least in southern brevard most of the rain in now up in daytona beach and new smyrna beach areas. A workmates' house has unfortunately flooded after a valiant attempt at sandbagging. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

9. Incredible how this storm has just stalled out and spinning there. You guys definitely got it bad over there compared to Orlando. But man, can't wait to see the sun again...it's been days.

10. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I just talked to Jessie (SLINGHER) and her home is in about 6" of water. She and her room-mate have moved out of the house into the main ranch house on the 'horse farm' they live at with an aunt. She was sloshing through her bedroom while we spoke, sounding really grim.

Hard to believe 120 miles away from here they've gotten 2 feet of rain, and it's barely drizzled at my house.

Hope all you east central Floridians are safe and dry!

11. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    man, this really bums me out...too bad we couldn't just blow up Fay

12. atl10a

atl10a

Apr 26, 2008
    Coram, NY
    We are far from the coast and their are a number of roads so flooded their closed.
    So many homes in our area are flooded in.
    They just said on the news at 11pm that we have almost 23" and it's still raining.