Fear and loathing at the mall ... Lol

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Aug 2, 2007.

1. So, late yesterday afternoon I decide to drive over to the local outdoor mall to pick up a copy of "Focus" magazine at Borders bookstore. I have my 35Ti with me and since it's still a little toasty out and warm in the car I bring my camera with me attached via wrist strap. It's only a short jaunt into the bookstore. I go inside, find the magazine and leave. Whoa, lo and behold, the mall security gendarmerie are waiting outside the exit door and follow me in their golf cart all the way to the parking lot and watch as I get into my car and leave. At no time did I take any nor attempt to take any photos. H-m-m, paranoia runs deep ...
    :biggrin:

2. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    'cause...you know...bookstores are next on the al qaeda hit list :p

i'm glad i've never been hassled about my camera...i have a smart mouth. lol

3. I would have stopped at the Star Bucks and had a tea just to bug them.

So long as you don't use the camera, they can't do anything about it, right?

Heck they probably sell cameras of some sort somewhere in that mall.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Good thing you didn't point it at them!

5. :biggrin:you are now well documented on the security monitors, they have your license plate number, they know who you are, and have investigated your internet activity, and now all your associates on the internet are being investigated:cool:

6. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

7. ..are you now, or have you ever been, a member of internet forums utilizing photographic communications?

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Malls and stores are private property, and permission to enter is granted for specific purposes only. The rules for photographing in public do not apply.

9. I am not paranoid, They really are out to get me!