FedEx- Any way to get a hold of someone there?

So KEH shipped a lens out to me a few days ago, and it was estimated to arrive in another day or so. But I just checked the status with the tracking and it says it was delivered this morning, which it was not. My wife was home, and she didn't say a word to me, which I know she would have for sure.

I sent an email to KEH explaining the situation, and that it is possible that FedEx left the box with the guys at the bicycle shop below me, because it's in the same building (small 2 story private apartment above the shop), but the point is that my address states that my apartment # is 3L. So if it IS at the bike shop, why would they do that? And moreover, why wouldn't they leave a notice saying where it was? 3 implies that it's NOT the ground floor obviously.

But then again, I'm not even sure that they left it there, and won't be able to find out until tomorrow morning. I saw a box on their desk which looks to be about the right size, so can only hope. If not though.. has anyone had an experience like this, and is there a way to get in touch with someone at FedEx who will know what to do? And what about KEH? I wonder what they would do at this point?

I just wish they made people sign for the delivery.

Doug

Thanks Bruce. I saw that page of course, but thought that dialing the phone number would get me the run around, which I'm so used to with so called customer service these days. I called and spoke with a nice girl who helped and put a trace out on the package. Said it should take one or two business days to get any information from the driver, unless of course I find the lens first.

Doug

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Happened to me twice, once with KEH. The first time (the non KEH episode), I contacted FedEx, and they tracked down my package and had the driver pick it up from where it had been delivered (across town). Then, as I was headed home at the time, the FedEx supervisor had the driver stop mid-route at a gas station that I had to pass on the drive home. The supervisor asked for a description of my vehicle and what I was wearing to give to the driver and then gave me the drivers name and truck number. The driver then waited until I arrived, I showed my ID, the driver apologized, the supervisor called later and apologized, and all was well.

The second incident involved a lens that I bought from KEH. In this instance, I called both FedEx and KEH, and when all was said and done, FedEx couldn't find my package and KEH gave me a refund. Honestly, I was aggravated, but KEH got involved with FedEx and really did most of the work for me, and getting the refund was hassle free.

It's not up to Fedex on a signature. It's up to the shipper. In the future if you want to sign for the package I would requested a signature required when you place the order.

It's not up to Fedex on a signature. It's up to the shipper. In the future if you want to sign for the package I would requested a signature required when you place the order.

No no no, you got the details wrong. At least with Fedex (and I think with UPS as well) there's a subtle difference between a signature and your signature.

For instance, when Apple sends an iPad straight from China, it requires a signature. That might just as well be those guys downstairs in the bike shop. As opposed to your signature (with identification I guess).

Ugh...FedEx is not fun to deal with when you loose a package. I was patronized beyond words and not one single person was going to help me because all they do is reading their papers which says the package has arrived.

Lucky for me, it was just a t-shirt. I never saw it.

Well, good news (partially) The lens was at the bike shop. This isn't the first time FedEx has done this, so that's why I had it in my head. But this is pure laziness and dare I say incompetence on the part of the driver, seeing as how my address clearly says apt 3L and the bike shop is a door away and on the ground floor obviously!

The other thing that bugs me is that the person who signed for it (I noticed later on the web site that it was signed for) signed MY name! Ironically, my name was signed incorrectly, putting 2 s's at the end of douglas. The driver really isn't very sharp at all.

Now the bad news is that the lens which is supposedly in "EX" condition, exhibits something FAR beyond lens creep. Its more like lens plunge! *sigh*

Doug

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom