FEE Error

I'm getting an FEE error on my D7200 and 70-200 f/2.8. I've used this combo many times in the past without issue. I did drop the camera at a fire scene with my 16-80 on it. Everything still works properly and no damage was caused that I have noticed. This is the only issue I have had since. I did clean the contacts but still nothing. Tried the 70-200 on a D800 here at work and it works - no error.

Update: Just messed with it some more. It reads random aperture settings if I twist the lens onto the body and stop just prior to locking it in. Auto focus does not work. I'm thinking it's the body.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
With a penny? I have never heard of that. Isn't there a danger of damaging the smooth surface? I think the best method is a few drops of Deoxit on a clean cloth.
But it sounds like that isn't the problem anyway. You may have to send the combined camera and lens to Nikon. Even if it is the body, the fact that it works with the other lenses means that Nikon may have difficulties seeing the problem.

It doesn't take much to mess up the alignment of a mount. Just a tad off spec for the body and a tad off for the lens and it won't communicate. I fell with my D5 last fall and everything seemed fine. I sent it in to get checked and they replaced the mount. Same thing for the lens that was on it at the time. It's real hard to see 0.01" with your eye. I'd send the 7200 in, but be prepared to find it might not be economical to repair.

Thanks all. I purchased the D7200 new and it is still fairly low on actuations. I guess it'd make a fine backup as I've been meaning to upgrade to FX for a while. Just need to actually pull the trigger. Will probably go used first.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom