1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Feedback about Cameta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sagar, Jul 8, 2008.

1. sagar

sagar

Jun 29, 2008
    USA
    After some of the members here pointing me to D50 deals on Cameta, I am considering buying from them. Are they good to buy a "new" D50?

I chekced Reseller Rating and seem to have good feedback. Looking for opinion from the cafe members who may have dealt with them

When I buy a "new" D50 will that be really new? and will it be really covered by Nikon Waruntee?

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    They are a reputable company and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

3. ugodrainville

ugodrainville

Mar 13, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I got a brand new Sigma 24-60/2.8 from them and I would not hesitate to do business with them again either.

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I have bought quite a bit of equipment from them, (2 d70s's 1 d200, lenses etc) Would definetly recomend them!!!

Dan

5. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Bought D100 long ago and D300 recently. no probs

6. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I've bought from them and find their demo stuff the best bargain. It arrives looking brand new and functioning perfectly and is priced even lower than their already reasonably priced new stuff. They are definitely on my short list of merchants.

7. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Both my D200 and my D40 are "factory demos" that I bought at Cameta. The D200 had 8 shutter actuations, the D40 350 and both cameras looked brand new, with a new strap, cd's etc.

The D200 came with 2 Spanish manuals and after complaining I was sent one clearly (smudged) 2nd hand English manual. No big deal as I downloaded the PDF from the Nikon website and printed it large format anyway.

In my opinion the cameta factory demos are very good deals and worth bidding on on eBay, although it might take a couple of tries to get a really good deal (don't bid too much and keep trying. I got the D40 for $325 doing that).

8. Bought my new d80 from them. wouldn't mind buying from them again.

9. KG72

KG72 Guest

Bought a refurb'ed D80(less that 300 shutter actuations) that was mint. 70-300VR and SB-800 new off of them.

Will buy from them in the future if I see anything I want. Smooth transactions and very fast shipping.

10. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    To answer your original question: as far as I know, "new" means "new" with Cameta and they're very clear on what is refurbed and what not. I'm pretty sure they're an offical dealer (= warranty) but the Nikon website should be able to answer that for you.

11. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    edit: didn't realize you already checked resellerratings.com

FWIW, I am using a D80 factory demo from cameta and it is 100% perfect

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  12. doobes

doobes

Aug 15, 2006
    Reston, VA
    I've bought two "demo" Coolpix 5400's from them. I lost the first one in Houston and have the second one to this day. They augmented Nikon's 90 day refurb waratee with their own 1 year warranty which they honored to replace the sensor 11 months after I bought it.

Would buy from them again if they had what I wanted. They aren't the friendliest people in the world though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  13. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Theya re an official Nikon dealer, and are literally just down the street from Nikon Melville.

14. What he said plus several lenses.

No problems.

:cool: 

15. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I've bought several things from Cameta over the years, the last time being a refurbished 70-300 VR.

I've never been unhappy with any purchases/

16. Bought a demo F6 from them last year without any problems - quick & painless

17. Use them now for obvious good deals. Good example was the Sigma 24-60 2.8. Other than that I use B+H.

18. I too have purchased a D80 from them. They were quick to ship during purchase and also quick to respond when I had questions. Good experience and I would buy from them again.
    BTW: at that time, they had the lowest price for a US import D80 kit.

19. Zorki1c

Zorki1c

Jul 9, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Just bought an SB600 from them and have purchased stuff previously. They are reliable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.