Feedback about Cameta?

After some of the members here pointing me to D50 deals on Cameta, I am considering buying from them. Are they good to buy a "new" D50?

I chekced Reseller Rating and seem to have good feedback. Looking for opinion from the cafe members who may have dealt with them

When I buy a "new" D50 will that be really new? and will it be really covered by Nikon Waruntee?

I have bought quite a bit of equipment from them, (2 d70s's 1 d200, lenses etc) Would definetly recomend them!!!

Dan

I've bought from them and find their demo stuff the best bargain. It arrives looking brand new and functioning perfectly and is priced even lower than their already reasonably priced new stuff. They are definitely on my short list of merchants.

Both my D200 and my D40 are "factory demos" that I bought at Cameta. The D200 had 8 shutter actuations, the D40 350 and both cameras looked brand new, with a new strap, cd's etc.

The D200 came with 2 Spanish manuals and after complaining I was sent one clearly (smudged) 2nd hand English manual. No big deal as I downloaded the PDF from the Nikon website and printed it large format anyway.

In my opinion the cameta factory demos are very good deals and worth bidding on on eBay, although it might take a couple of tries to get a really good deal (don't bid too much and keep trying. I got the D40 for $325 doing that).

K

KG72

Bought a refurb'ed D80(less that 300 shutter actuations) that was mint. 70-300VR and SB-800 new off of them.

Will buy from them in the future if I see anything I want. Smooth transactions and very fast shipping.

To answer your original question: as far as I know, "new" means "new" with Cameta and they're very clear on what is refurbed and what not. I'm pretty sure they're an offical dealer (= warranty) but the Nikon website should be able to answer that for you.

edit: didn't realize you already checked resellerratings.com

FWIW, I am using a D80 factory demo from cameta and it is 100% perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
After some of the members here pointing me to D50 deals on Cameta, I am considering buying from them. Are they good to buy a "new" D50?

I chekced Reseller Rating and seem to have good feedback. Looking for opinion from the cafe members who may have dealt with them

When I buy a "new" D50 will that be really new? and will it be really covered by Nikon Waruntee?
I've bought two "demo" Coolpix 5400's from them. I lost the first one in Houston and have the second one to this day. They augmented Nikon's 90 day refurb waratee with their own 1 year warranty which they honored to replace the sensor 11 months after I bought it.

Would buy from them again if they had what I wanted. They aren't the friendliest people in the world though.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your original question: as far as I know, "new" means "new" with Cameta and they're very clear on what is refurbed and what not. I'm pretty sure they're an offical dealer (= warranty) but the Nikon website should be able to answer that for you.
Theya re an official Nikon dealer, and are literally just down the street from Nikon Melville.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I've bought several things from Cameta over the years, the last time being a refurbished 70-300 VR.

I've never been unhappy with any purchases/

I too have purchased a D80 from them. They were quick to ship during purchase and also quick to respond when I had questions. Good experience and I would buy from them again.
BTW: at that time, they had the lowest price for a US import D80 kit.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom