Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by PhotoByMark, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Attn Moderators - Not sure if this the best spot to post but, "Flew" said this is probably the best spot. Move it if you need to. Thx.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NikonCafe is just a killer! Thread after thread, post after post I see and read results from all the nifty equipment (and talent) that is on here. It all finally got to me & I got the LLD bug really bad.

About 4 or 5 weeks ago I saw a 12-24 and 28-70 Beast posted for sale by "Jonathan" from Maine. I sent him a "PM" but was too LATE! Ahhh, saved my money because I wanted them but, really could not afford to buy them(but would have). So a couple weeks ago I get an email from "Jonathan" and he says he has got another 12-24, a 28-70/2.8 and a SB800 that he got in purchase that he just completed for a D2H and other equipment.

Anyway, he wanted to know if I wanted them. My first thought was "Yes" I want them but, no no no I must not. Well OK, maybe just the flash. So I reply and ask condition/price etc and just for fun, I ask what if I buy all 3. Well, long story short, he made me an offer that I could not refuse. He gave me his "Ebay" user name so I could see his feedback there. And I also checked with a forum member here to get some feedback. All feedback positive.

So, I pondered and committed to the purchase. He requested I send him US Postal Money Orders. So I did. Anyway, I was little nervous for sure, big purchase, and lots of money (for me at least). Jonathan and I kept in touch each day and when funds arrived to him, he promptly had the package sent and sent me tracking information and 3 days later it arrives!

All items were exactly as he promised and in the condition he described. I would definitely do trading/selling/buying with Jonathan again.

Here is a list of things I purchased from Jonathan,
    28-70/2.8 "The Beast" New, In the box, all accessories, US
    12-24/4 New, In the box, all accessories, US
    SB800 New, In the box, all acessories, US, Never Used
    1 GB CF Card
    EN-EL3 Battery
    External Shutter Release for D70(s)
    Flash Cheat Sheet (No charge)

So just to summarize - I got what was promised at an excellent price and the entire transaction went very smoothly.

Thanks Jonathan! :smile: :smile:

I will get some pics up in the very near future and I have a lot of new equipment to learn about and play with!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Fantastic Mark. From what I've seen, there may be bigger sites on the web, but none with better folks. Sounds like you are a living example. :wink:

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    That was a heck of a purchase :eek: You'll have a lot of fun with that new glass.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    OK Mark, my turn

Let me also say that from the sellers viewpoint, it would be nice if every time you parted with equipment, you were left with a good feeling.

Mark is, not only a super nice fellow, but the best customer in the world. When I told him how much apprehension I had about selling my "stuff", he was nice enough to include a hanky with his payment(rofl). No kidding. And I used it!!!!!!

Mark, enjoy the new toys, and thanks for the plug. I miss that 12-24 like you don't know how.

Lastly, Nikon Cafe seems to me to have a "feeling", a real helpful attitude about it. I've made real friends since joining here(are you reading this Gale, Gaye and so on). It's a unique feeling that is not on found easily these days.

Holy Crap this is getting mushy. Goodnight!!

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Jonathan,

I hear you and sending mush right back... Hope the girls are getting some good pictures and be sure to post.. it would encourage the kids even more.

How did the fall leaf pictures work out?

Gaye

6. I should have you got this Jonathan! A much bigger multi package of tissue. :biggrin:

B0009I3HIK.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Smiles at Jonathan and Mark :>)))))))))

Both really great folks

Thanks for being here.