Feeding Time for the Baby Eagles

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jun 10, 2007.

1. These little Eagles are sure growing fast. Not sure what the heck this one is eating, but it sure seems to be enjoying itself, doesn't it?

See how the other one is watching ....
  2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow how did you get so close
    Darling babys
  3. Hey Bill I would guess that is some fresh fish as that is the primary food for the bald eagle but I have to ask , how close are you or are these heavy crops? You seem to be pretty equal to the nest from the looks of the photo angle but the eaglets look a bit soft so I am hoping you are a safe distance from the nest. Under most conditions a normal safe distance is considered between 300 and 350 feet.
  4. Bill, are you hand feeding the birds again or did you install a hydraulic boom to the top of your Kia? I am continually amazed at the results you achieve with that Nikon 50mm 1.8. :) Nice images.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  5. Bill it was a fun day until the rain came. Not sure where the blue sky came from. My shots are all white backgrounds. I think your shots will be way better than mine. I have not had a chance to do any work on them yet. I hope to see them again when the sun is out. You and Louie may have used all that up. LOL

Bill you really got the best exposure for these shots. Well done, the shooting conditions were not good at all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  6. Bill, great captures under some very difficult shooting conditions. I'm in the midst of processing the few shots that I did get yesterday. Even with the rain, good day to be out with friends enjoying watching the eagles if nothing else. I want to see those vulture shots too.