feel good about your d7000

Real Name
Randy
hard to believe this is an $1199 camera considering how it performs

these were shot handheld from my boat (on a big lake), d7000 + 500/4

iso1600 or 1000 (exif is attached)

1257686957_BPMDXpx-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1257686017_FK2TGrg-XL.jpg

1257674526_WpcVLv5-XL.jpg

1257676153_ZSdjxKj-XL.jpg

1257671381_FDS6Ks3-XL.jpg

1257673604_VQQphsT-XL.jpg

1257684791_rvWH7hH-XL.jpg

Just beautiful, Randy...!
Clapping.gif

I love my D7k but I'm not up to your level, yet...! :tongue:

I'm working on it though...! :wink:

Great shots, Randy, and it is a really good camera for $1200. I am extremely pleased with mine so far.

The only thing I've noticed is that the D7000 images (NEF's) respond to sharpening differently. While the visible noise is quite low even at higher ISO's, applying anything more than the minimal amount of global sharpening seems to bring the noise/grain up quickly in the image. The resolution and dynamic range are very good, but I have to modify my usual sharpening/local contrast techniques. Still trying to get a handle on what is going on. Even so, the IQ is a definite step up from the D300s. Just having a little trouble getting the pattern down.

Real Name
Randy
Great shots, Randy, and it is a really good camera for $1200. I am extremely pleased with mine so far.

The only thing I've noticed is that the D7000 images (NEF's) respond to sharpening differently. While the visible noise is quite low even at higher ISO's, applying anything more than the minimal amount of global sharpening seems to bring the noise/grain up quickly in the image. The resolution and dynamic range are very good, but I have to modify my usual sharpening/local contrast techniques. Still trying to get a handle on what is going on. Even so, the IQ is a definite step up from the D300s. Just having a little trouble getting the pattern down.

i was using Paul's (aka pupator) and he had in camera sharpening on '6' so in NX2 I changed it to '0' and then applied my usual 30% and was fine.
The thing i really noticed was when i used DL to get light under the wings there was no noise waiting for me. The d300s at iso1600 would have had noise and the amt of DL i would have applied would have been maybe 20% where as the d7000 allowed for 50% easily. Nikon def fixed something.

I still don't have a d7000 yet and will prob wait for the d400 since I only need iso > 800 on the boat and then only for fast ss-s to smooth out the bumpy boat. I shot the d3 + 500 yesterday and just added the 1.4 tc to make up the diff but i prefer the dx body crop to a tc

Real Name
Randy
very nice shots! hope to be able to get a 500 someday...

thanks Ged

The detail on those shots is just incredible.

thanks chris

Just beautiful, Randy...! http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x234/wizzard0003/Clapping.gif

I love my D7k but I'm not up to your level, yet...! :tongue:

I'm working on it though...! :wink:

thanks

thanks keitk

Awesome! the more i shoot with the D7000 the more i like it. :) It performs wonderfully with good glass!

thanks ed

Real Name
Randy
...The only thing I've noticed is that the D7000 images (NEF's) respond to sharpening differently. While the visible noise is quite low even at higher ISO's, applying anything more than the minimal amount of global sharpening seems to bring the noise/grain up quickly in the image...

+1
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this

+1
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this

hmm... i saw somethign like this happen, it was a time lapse i was running, i shot it in raw and with just a little sharpening it got grainy quick.

i figured it was just a fluke, or maybe i boosted the sharpening too much.

i might have to revisit this

Great shots, Randy! I just upgraded from a D200 to the D7000 and I'm just blown away. I wanted to wait for the D400, too, but I needed more low light/faster shutter response... and I got it.

Now, if you don't mind lending me the 500...:biggrin:

Real Name
Randy
Great shots, Randy! I just upgraded from a D200 to the D7000 and I'm just blown away. I wanted to wait for the D400, too, but I needed more low light/faster shutter response... and I got it.

Now, if you don't mind lending me the 500...:biggrin:

thx :smile::smile:

Hi Randy.

Showing your excellent captures proved two facts once again IMHO:

1. The man behind the camera counts
2. Glass is more important than body

It's really amazing that this kind of technical quality is available for this kind of money.

Thanks for sharing, best regards

Mattes

Latest threads

Top Bottom