Feisol ballheads??????

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by tanglefoot47, Mar 31, 2007.

1. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    I was looking at the Feisol home page adn see they make ballheads. Anyone use them? If you have one any info you care to share?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Mike, I've had their CB50H for about 18 months and am well pleased with it. The 50H was their second model. Since that time, they've modified the 50H (to the 50HN) and they have also introduced the significantly larger CB70H. The 70H looks interesting because of the completely independent locking mechanisms for the ball and base plate. I'm interested to see if anyone here has tried the 70H.

3. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    Same here and it seems like a lot of ballhead for the money. Did you buy their plates? Or do you know if the arca type plates will work on them?

Mike

4. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I have their plates -- have not tried any other

5. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    My guess is my plates would work with it. Another ballhead I was looking at is the Markins Q3 Emille nice but if the Feisol is as good as they claim it looks like the one I should get

6. Anyone know if they work with RRS L-Plates?

7. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I suggest that you contact James Chan at Threshold Concepts (U.S. distributor for Feisol products). James is an amateur photographer as well as being sales manager for TC, and he should be able to answer your questions about plate compatability.

James Chan [sales@thresholdconcepts.com]

8. Email sent. I'll let you know what he says.

9. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    I ended up ordering the new Arca-Swiss Z1 today I hear it's a very nice head