Feline fancies

Paul,

Now these are my type of animals. 8) I originally got my Sony DSC-828 to shoot pics of my kitties. This is a handsome fellow (gal??). :lol:

Regards,

Frank

I'm not a kitty person as they make me sneeze, but I have nothing against pretty pictures of them! Looks like that kitty really enjoyed having his picture taken! Nice job.

He is sure a cute kitty. Very nice shots as well.

I like the one of him sitting in front of the two birds not paying a bit of attention to them... lolol..

Guess he is spoiled to.

Paul, very nice captures, esp the one with the 2 pigeons in the background. Cats are an ornery lot to try to shoot, I should know! My cats can lay there, sleeping, for hours and hours, but pick up a camera and they're off! *LOL* Or else walking up too fast to inspect the lens.
Love the eye colour in the last shot. Cheers, S

Hey Paul,

There's not much I can add to the previous two pages of compliments on your talent. i am more interested in the lens from a slightly technical perspective. I noticed that the cat when walking toward the camera was focused at the nose but lost focus by mid torso and more so at the tail. I love the potential for the 1.4 lenses. The bokey is great but i can see that you really need to know the depth of your subject and the depth of focus to get exactly the result you are after. The bokey is probably the best of all available lenses today of any brand.

Might these have turned out differently if you did not have a hood on the lens. (assuming you did)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom