Female Candid Portraits, Europe

Dressed for success:

3732058076_23260cea63_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shopping:

View attachment 387750

They were riding bicycles:

View attachment 387751

Not candid, but too hilarious to pass up, a bachelorette party:

View attachment 387752

Nice set, Ron.

Your candid photos of women remind me of Garry Winogrand's "Women Are Beautiful". Garry Winogrand was one of the masters of street photography, and for a time in the 1960s, he concentrated on taking unposed shots of fully-clothed women in public places. If you haven't seen this book, you'd do well to have a look, since you like this genre of street photography! :smile:

Thank you everyone for you interest and kind words.

Ed, I became aware of Gary Winogrand about a week ago when some of my photography became the topic of discussion at Rangefinder Forums. That's interesting because I am not a member there. His photography is different from mine in that he includes a lot of the background. In most of my shots there is much less background, and it is utilized differently. Where we meet is that we both have an interest in female beauty and the photographs are taken on the fly. The book, "Women are Beautiful" is now a collector's item, selling for $180 and up, used, so its not on my shopping list. Winogrand is firmly in the territory that most of us call street photography, while I am looking for some kind of commonality between pure candid photography and conventional portrait photography. In terms of the sampling of Winogrand's work that I have seen, I am very impressed.

I have added several new images to my flickr gallery now that I have returned from Europe, if anyone cares to look.

-Ron

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom