Female Northern Cardinal

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

Dossy - We get cardinals out back and I've always enjoyed taking pictures of them. Once mature, they are really photogenic. The younger ones; maybe not so much. I thought you might enjoy this shot of a young male.

Dossy - We get cardinals out back and I've always enjoyed taking pictures of them. Once mature, they are really photogenic. The younger ones; maybe not so much. I thought you might enjoy this shot of a young male.

View attachment 1648408
That's a nice shot of an incredibly beautiful bird, John. Here's a shot of our males (not as sharp as I would like it to be). The males in your area are much more intricate in detail.

Dossy - Maybe it's just my skill level taking the shots but I don't see much difference in the detail in your image and the ones I take of the males in my back yard.

Dossy - Maybe it's just my skill level taking the shots but I don't see much difference in the detail in your image and the ones I take of the males in my back yard.

View attachment 1648437
Your second image looks closer to our birds, but there seems something very different in the detail of the face on your first shot. I'm not that bird savvy, but it's really interesting to me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom