1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Female Red-winged bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cybertec69, May 15, 2018.

1. D500 200-500 hand held no VR. I think it's a Savannah Sparrow, if it's not, please let me know to change the title of the thread.

42134036251_4f9e0d542c_o.
    NIKON D500    200-500mm f/5.6    500mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    ISO 220

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Thank you, I noticed with the VR off there is no focus point shifting in the view finder which helps. I think shooting anything hand held and the shutter speed at least 300 above your focal length you should be fine, now BIF shots might be a different story unless camera and lens are on a tripod.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. It’s a lovely picture. I would crop off the very bright branch on the left of the image it would be even better IMHO. That is a bird that I have never seen.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  4. Nice feather detail. I'm no expert at ID, but aside from being a bit darker it matches the pictures of a Savannah Sparrow in iBird Pro.

5. Nice photo but I believe it's a female Red-winged Blackbird.

6. That's what someone else told me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.