Fenway Park interiors & The Green Monster

OK, here are my walk around shots from around the park, and a few from inside the Green Monster!

1 -
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 -

3 - looking out the NESN camera window

4 - The white scribbling near the bottom left of the red box is the Manny Ramirez signature. Yeah I know, no one else can read it either!

5 - A look through the scorekeepers slot

6 - The many signatures and graffiti on the concrete inside. If you look closely you can see the most famous part of it, "teds homers" in the center of the picture above the white "Tim 99" where the scorekeepers made x's for each homer

7 - The numbers for runs, hits, errors for each team

8 - The view from the center field wall

9 - Right next to the "Pesky pole"

10 - The look down the left field line at home plate. When you see the photo well on the right, that is where I sat all game since you don't get to move. It wasn't so bad since there were no other photog's there and I was sitting next to Heidi Watney. Tough duty.

So, what do you think? Lots of history in this old park, #1 on my list is Wrigley Field, hopefully some day....

great tour Steve, Life's tough, she wasn't there when I was there. I was sitting just to your left in the well, on the other side of the door onto the field, first row, right behind the security guy on the chair.

That's awesome! Thanks for taking us on the tour! I just love #2, 3 and 5! Very vivid colors, and love how you framed those 3. Great stuff.

I love all the graffiti. Nice to see the real side of the park as opposed to what you see on TV.

thanks for sharing.

I love all the graffiti. Nice to see the real side of the park as opposed to what you see on TV.

thanks for sharing.
Yeah its really different at field level, so I just had to share that since it gives the Park an even more intimate feeling.

That's awesome! Thanks for taking us on the tour! I just love #2, 3 and 5! Very vivid colors, and love how you framed those 3. Great stuff.
Thanks! I've got about 200 shots of the interiors and these were the best. Just wait until I sew together the pano that I'm working on that starts at the wall on both sides. It's gonna take a while to do, but I'll put it up here once it's done.

great tour Steve, Life's tough, she wasn't there when I was there. I was sitting just to your left in the well, on the other side of the door onto the field, first row, right behind the security guy on the chair.
Yeah I saw those seats, now I know why you had such great shots, that's a prime location! :smile:

Here's the TED'S HOMERS graffiti a little closer so you can see it better...

10 - The look down the left field line at home plate. When you see the photo well on the right, that is where I sat all game since you don't get to move. It wasn't so bad since there were no other photog's there and I was sitting next to Heidi Watney. Tough duty.

That part is worthless without pics!

Steve,

Thanks for posting these photos ... I absolutely love Fenway. Been a Sox fan since I was a kid watching Yaz, Rice, Lynn & Fisk. I used to take my students on trips to Boston and we'd do the Fenway tour but one year we were able to walk along the warning track & foul territory ... THAT was amazing. Seeing all the dimples on the Green Monster was so neat. I've got some nice group photos in front of the Monster. Even took my family there two summers ago ... more neat shots of my girls sitting atop the Monster looking around the park.

Thanks for sharing these as I just love seeing more of the old park.

Take care,

Brent

That part is worthless without pics!
OK fine, here is a great pic I have of Heidi Watney doing her report.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Bummer you had to sit next to HER! Poor guy!

Love Fenway. What a great, historic park. Thanks for these behind the scenes shots. It's stuff we don't get to see.

If you also shot Sunday night's game, then one of my friends was in the well, too. U.S. Presswire asked him to drive up from Lancaster, PA, because they couldn't get any of their regulars from the local area for that game. He loved his first time in Fenway.

Thanks for these Steve. The idea would make a great photo (coffee table) book...: "Inside MLB Parks: A Photo Essay" or something like that.

Thanks for these Steve. The idea would make a great photo (coffee table) book...: "Inside MLB Parks: A Photo Essay" or something like that.
Great idea Randy! As the old saying goes, great minds thing alike. Now to get to a few more parks to make that happen.
BTW, Heidi is a pretty likeable person in general, she's fairly humble, approachable, and will talk to most fans who are not being unreasonable and signs autographs too. I have a couple of conversations with her each time she comes to Detroit, much like I do with anyone else, and did again in Boston and I'm sure she doesn't have a clue who I am. Once you add that to the 9.5 out of 10 physical attributes, she's a keeper. :smile:

Great idea Randy! As the old saying goes, great minds thing alike. Now to get to a few more parks to make that happen.
BTW, Heidi is a pretty likeable person in general, she's fairly humble, approachable, and will talk to most fans who are not being unreasonable and signs autographs too. I have a couple of conversations with her each time she comes to Detroit, much like I do with anyone else, and did again in Boston and I'm sure she doesn't have a clue who I am. Once you add that to the 9.5 out of 10 physical attributes, she's a keeper. :smile:

Bah! 9.5??? Darn French judges! What do they know???? :Angry:

Next time you see her, put in a good word for me!

Take care,

Brent

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom