Fenway Park panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ZBaum, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

My second serious attempt at a pano. This came out better than I expected it would, but is still far from perfect. Made from 11 photos that were in portrait orientation, stitched in Panorama Maker 4 Pro. Shot with a D70 and 18-70mm lens. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. Cool shot! From this perspective, I wouldn't want to be a left-handed pull hitter....

Sean

3. Ahhhhh, Fenway.

I think you did an excellent job.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good view

5. Cool shot, out there by Pesky Pole...that's usually where I sat when I brought the family, but now it's cheaper to sit at home and watch :biggrin:

What game/day was this?

6. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks Sean. If a player hits one down the line, it's only 302 feet for a homerun, but it gets deep very quickly as you move away from the line.

Thanks a lot. If you're a Pats fan, what are you doing in CA?

Thanks Gale.

Chris, this was Sunday's game against Toronto. Beckett pitched so well, but the Sox just couldn't score any runs and they lost 2-1. This was the second time this season I've seen Beckett pitch. Tickets are very expensive.

7. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    I sat by the Pesky Pole on May 29th. Thanks for the memories.

8. Nice shot from the cheap seats :)

Anthony

9. Great view!!!! :smile:

10. Very cool. That's not an angle that you see very often.

11. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

I was at the May 29th game as well, but I sat in the lower level, closer towards the infield. Beckett pitched really well that game (and this game, too).

For $70 per ticket, this are certainly not cheap seats. Fenway has the highest ticket prices in all of baseball. They're much better than the seats down below, as you have plenty of leg room, and you can see over the people who sit in front of you. Additionally, they have their own concession stands and rest rooms.

Thanks Gretchen.

Definitely not. Fenway has some pretty unique seats. I'd love to sit on the Green Monster some day....

12. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    We were closer to the infield than the pole too.

Here's our souvenir:
    [​IMG]

And, because we needed 6 seats together, we paid a broker $140 each. Not TOO much when you consider the distance we traveled to get there.

Were you close to this section? Maybe I have a picture of you.

13. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I went to Fenway for the first time on April 23rd. Non-obstructed-view infield grandstands. I got lucky and was able to buy them two weeks before the game without a broker (single seat, day after yankees/red sox series). Sadly, they lost, but I still had a great time. I have a ticket to September 27th against the Twins, which may well be a pointless game, but we'll see. The seat isn't great either, the last section of the outfield grandstand

Anyhow, great shot, I love that park.

Here's mine from April (nothing special, I wish I had the 12-24 then!). There's issues with distortion, levelness, etc, but that wasn't the point of the photo so I didn't really bother processing it that much.
    [​IMG]

14. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

I was in Section 11, Row 12, Seats 13 + 14 (how about that for a set of numbers?). While my friend and I were at the game, we traded the tickets for two seats in the same section, Row 5. The panorama photo was taken from the Right Field Roof Box 33 (one of the tiny green boxes in the lower right part of the seating chart in the link below).

Go here to see where I was sitting: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/seating.jsp

15. alaskahutch

alaskahutch

Jun 22, 2006
    Soldotna
    And there you are.....top left center of the oval. I knew you looked familiar. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  16. That lens really does elongate the left field. Very nice.

17. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks Gordon. I tried one shot with a longer focal length, but I couldn't get everything in from top to bottom. This one was shot at 22mm.