Ferrari Challenge comes to VIR

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by davidfriend, May 20, 2007.

1. I spent all yesterday at Virginia Intl Raceway for the awesome Ferrari Challenge event, including the Shell Historic Challenge featuring vintage Ferrari/Alfa Romeo race cars. It will take me a while to process all the photos from the Challenge race, but here are some of the historic race cars, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The astute observer will notice in the previous 2 photos, the driver is counter-steering to keep the car straight after exiting the 'oak tree' turn :)

And here is one of the Challenge race itself:
    [​IMG]

it was also interesting to note that the vast majority of serious amateur photogs were shooting Nikon :)

2. bradystrib

bradystrib Guest

I shoot atleast 2-3 auto events a month for various websites/magazines. The number of Nikons is now starting to outnumber the grey lenses i see with media credentials. It's crazy considering how it was even just a year ago.

Gorgeous shots btw....I almost went to that event but I was at Road Atlanta for the Formula Drift event.

3. Very nice I have never had an oppurtunity to shot a racing event

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Nice .
    Man I wish I had checked thier schedule. I would have loved to have gone.

5. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    Sweet Vintage. those are images to cherish :)

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    David , looks like you had a nice day-- sweet cars and great shots under that harsh VIR light 5 and 6 are great

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.