Ferris Wheel At Night*sloooow Shutter Speed*

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by CH@Dbee, Aug 14, 2008.

1. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    I think this is the right place to post this. i just got my sigma 10-20mm and had to go try it out....and what do ya know...the fair is in town. let me know what you think please.....

mcnarfairferrelwheelandlightcopy.

2. lamplighter

lamplighter Guest

Nice one, looks like a quiet night at the fair though - or is it actually earlier and brighter than it appears? What kind of light were you shooting in?

Adam

3. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    it was baout 930PM when i took the shot, yeah it was kinda slow on a thursday night in my lil town.

it was dark but the parking lot was lit up pretty nice.

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nicely done!!!

5. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    thanks everybody...i was kinda worried about not being able to tell what it is cause of the shutter being so slow and the lights being so wild.

but is at a fair LOL

6. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

That is one cool shot! I love the comp, and how the wheel looks almost solid.

7. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    thank you so much. i was pretty happy with the end result myself :smile:

8. I like it, had fun making these at several rides when he fair was here in June. :smile:

9. Cool!!!

I just did a bunch of this stuff last wek , but alas not processed yet...

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    excellent timed exposure.

11. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    thank you so much everybody for the positive comments. i was REALLY happy with it and im glad to hear i dont think its a cool shot just cause its mine hahaha

12. excellent shot

EXIF Summary: 13s f/22.0 10mm (35mm eq:15mm)

looks nice to me

13. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    yeah i tried 5, 10 and 13 seconds and i liked this one the best.

i was grinning ear to ear when i uploaded it :biggrin:

14. as well you should have been
    it's EXCELLENT

thanks for the reply

15. Remember, it's a 13 second exposure, so only people that are standing still will register. Anybody walking around will have their image completely ghosted by the background.

16. Awesome pic, I never even thought to use the McNair (or whatever it is over there in Salem Gate) for inspiration...

17. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    wow your from covington! awesome! when it came this year i knew i wanted to go shoot it...ill most likely go back again before it leaves to try some more stuff i thought about.

18. I look forward to you posting more shots. Sometimes it is just so slow around here I have trouble finding the right inspiration.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.