Few from the other day

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by biggstr6, Aug 23, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    D2H & 105 Nikor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Exceptional shots, love them all. The first two green ones are really cool.

3. Photos #1 & #4 have exceptional subject isolation! Very nice shots!!

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks, These were handheld , That last guy didnt stay around long enough to get anymore of him. Fortunatley I got some of him in focus.

Ive made my mind up to start using my tripod more for macro shots,its a pain but I need to do it if I want good results.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    First, let me say that these are excellent shots. These great shots notwithstanding however, I completely agree with using a tripod for these kinds of shots. There are certainly some folks that are steady enough to shoot macros hand held, but the percentage of keepers has just got to be higher with a tripod.

You certainly prove that there are exceptions though. :wink:

6. That green bug has a funny head, I guess those big rear legs is to balance that but for those big and long antennas. Very nice contrast on the last one orange/dark green.