1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Few from today with Hanna

Discussion in 'People' started by dakinetx, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Boy it's gonna be a busy/long week.
    And it started right here today;

(BTW, ALL these were taken with my new D3 I got yesterday. Could NOT be happier with a camera!!!!!!!!! Thought my D300 and D2x were good but the D3, WOW!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gorgeous girl. Great photos. Can't say I understand her reasoning to plaster so many tattoos on her otherwise flawless skin. I'm cool with one or two smaller ones, but a full sleeve and tats visible above the bust line leave me wondering why. And I'm not an old fashioned guy either.

3. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Lovely series! Love the guitar shot!

Well done

4. Thanks guys,
    as for the ink "mine is not to reason why......." :) 

5. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Superb shots of a lovely lady. keep up the good work.

I love 4 and 7!

6. Wow Nick, these are some seriously nice images. I love the moodiness of these poses of this beautiful lady.

I quite agree with that.

7. I prefer a lady without ink but it takes all kinds I guess. I often wonder if these folks consider what that will look like in 40 years... :eek: 

Anyhow, I'm amazed at how you seem to have an endless supply of gorgeous models at your fingertips. Nice shots!

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Nice! Very nice. Congrats on the new camera :biggrin:

9. Thanks folks!
    I truly appreciate and am humbled by your responses!
    I actually like taking images of models with ink work, it gives me even more scope to try new ideas and concepts! I see it as a model waiting to be transformed into art whilst also sporting art themselves, bit like a two for one ;) 
    Added to that it may indeed be bringing me some work ;) 
    Nick

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    TALENTED - that's all I have to say about you Nick! You have a great eye. Congrats on your new acqusition.

11. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Nick -- what an excellent set: beautiful work (and a beautiful model). Thanks for sharing it with us ...

Best Regards,

12. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Wow, great stuff! :eek:  Although I'm not really feeling the ultra-thin DOF on a lot of them. Except #4. It really works for me there. Seems maybe a bit "over-done" on the others though. What lens? Let me guess, 200mm f/2? :biggrin:

13. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Those are nice, I agree, that guitar shot is spectacular. Looks like a cool album cover :) 

14. Can only agree there. A great series, a stunning model- really classy stuff. Enjoy your new D3!!

15. Walt

Walt

Jun 12, 2008
    North Carolina
    beautiful model, and photos. I enjoy girls with ink when it is well done.

walt

16. Love #4! Beautiful Model! :cool: 

You will love your D3, after owning it for a while and then going back to other cameras, I think the D3 has the most true to life colors than any camera I have ever seen.

17. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    She's got a beautiful face but all that ink isn't going to be so great when she's 40 years older with the arms that go with that age. It's bad enough seeing an old wrinkled up guy with shriveled up tattoos but women are going to be way worse.

18. Hey Nick, the bokeh is awesome in these shots, what lens?

19. KG72

KG72 Guest

Very nice... I like #'s 3 & 4 the most.

20. Thanks ALL of ya!
    I truly am humbled by ALL your responses.
    I agree the DOF is strong BUT I was shooting a model and not scenery. Thing is at times (esp. this time of year here in TX) the avenues are less for interest to my mind (not to mention all the harsh light). So the shallow DOF seem's to help. Esp. when a model wants images for her port y'know. And also, it's just TOO damn easy to do with the Cream Machine :) 
    It is a "Cream Machine" (thanks Uncle Frank) aka 85mm f/1.4

As for the ink again. I am very reliably informed 1 in 4 women now have a tattoo. Most have them in more covered places but still have them. I am getting more requests to shoot models like this so who am I to say no? ;) 

Actually, although large and harder to "hide" I like this sleeve of Hibiscus etc. in more muted colours. It's very pleasant and pretty up close, for now anyway, but IMO will need re-doing sometime to keep it's already muted colours. Not an easy or cheap task.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.