Few night shots at the water polo games

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Johntu, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Those pictures below capture at my daughter water polo game with 50mm f/1.4D lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Handheld at 1/15s f/1.4 at 50.0mm

2. Nice images...what ISO setting? Your handholding at 1/15 is darn good!

What is the 'underwear' in the first shot? Also her suit looks different than the others...??

3. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    ISO640 and I hate tripod :)

Because of the high cut swimsuit so some of the girls wear "underwear" underneath ;-)

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Tough shooting conditions.

Think tripod and flash would have been your friend for sure :>))

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Tough sport! Nice shots.....

6. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    John,

Very Nice shots! I used to coach polo for many years at the HS and club level. Great to see !

Dan

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots.. Underwear under the bathing suits is pretty funny..
    For what it is worth, you might try upping the ISO to 1600 and shot with higher shutter speeds... Maybe even longer lenses too.
    I shoot way to much stuff at 1600 and I am very pleased with the results.

8. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Those picture with ISO640 look real good in my opinion, if I am using ISO1600 with D70, I don't think it cut it. Thanks for suggestion anyway :smile: