Field Of Dreams?....The biggest set of lawn ornaments in Ohio...ADDED PIC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sjlarue, Jul 1, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    [​IMG]
    This image is just to big....I got the rez down to 75 and cut the size in half and it still is huge!! Click on image for bigger size then when the new window opens click on it again.(unless your browser opens it right the first time.)

Here is story from Roadside America.
    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9527

Now I know why I don't live in Dublin Ohio....TAXES.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Who is buried here Ty COBB?? LOL

Seriously, how many images did you use, and what soft ware?

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    :biggrin:

ummm I have to think because I had to do it in stages because of my laptop's memory...12 jpgs with my D300 and Photoshop cs3's Photomerge.

I had to do a little cloning in the telephone wires. I must have tilted my hand a little. I was in my car because I was on a driveway and I didn't have my tripod so I had to handhold it. I was just amazed that I didn't have any issues with parallax problems.

4. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    wow... thats all i can say... wow...

5. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks George.

I finished doing the pics of that site and I put this one up to show the size.:

corncretelr.jpg

D300 full frame, cropped only to get it to a 4x6 and then reduced to 100ppi.
    My lens was at about 180 (out of 300) I mainly used this to mark the end of the series. According to one of the websites, they are 6 ft tall.....It's amazing, Google concrete corn ears and the first five are about this site.

6. Interesting. I'll never look at lawn ornaments and corn the same way again.

God Bless,
    David

7. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Me either...All I can think about is thank goodness I don't have to mow it:biggrin:

8. Thats amazing, you must have young and steady hands:biggrin:

9. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Yes and no.:biggrin: I'm a young 38 and too much coffee, it facilitates the need for a vr lens.

10. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    creatively done....

11. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Jeff.

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice image. Do they pop in hot weather ?

13. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks. Nah, When they are ready to be harvested, they roast them and then use one of the butter sculptures from the state fair to smother it and then sell it for a dollar a kernel.