Field Trip (Butterflies)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PEPPER PETE, May 17, 2005.

1. Over the weekend I went to Santa Barbara, Calif. for the day and had a great day. It is one of Californias most beautiful cities with many great places to photograph a multitude of things. It's the home of Brooks Institute of Photography. Hope you like just a few of the pics. I took that day.
    Pete

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THIS ONE IS A MOTH, THOUGHT I'D ADD IT BECAUSE OF BEAUTY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hey Pete, this is great. I really like the first one because of the hand to give it scale. Cool.

3. Nice images. The first shot is my favorite!! Well done! :D :D :D

4. Thanks Bryan

5. I had a great day. The weather was fantastic. Thanks Gordon I like the first one also.
    Pete

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pete,

Great pics. What cam / lens did you use for these?

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are great...Our butterfly garden is nice as well, but the monarchs haven't emerged yet.

8. Thanks Frank. I use the 60mm Macro with a 2x Tamaron TC

9. Thank you Leigh. Butterflies are so colorful.

10. Ahhhhh, lovely! And so nice to see the monarch too! A little too cold here just yet but they will be back for the milkweeds. Beautiful captures, Pete.

11. Thank you very much Sandi. Hope the Monarchs return to your part of the world soon.
    Pete